Tyres- once again (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I currently have Michelin XC camping, 215 70 R15 C tyres on my MH. I reckon they are the originals. 03 plate but only 19,000 on the clock. I have used my limited knowledge and given them a good look over. I can see some signs of minor cracking so need to take this further. Can anyone reccomend a good tyre place around the Montrose area? Also what is currently the best tyre to fit to replace these? I realise people are probably tired of commenting on tyres but they are quite important and up to date current info would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Gordon:thumb::Smile::thumb:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I currently have Michelin XC camping, 215 70 R15 C tyres on my MH. I reckon they are the originals. 03 plate but only 19,000 on the clock. I have used my limited knowledge and given them a good look over. I can see some signs of minor cracking so need to take this further. Can anyone reccomend a good tyre place around the Montrose area? Also what is currently the best tyre to fit to replace these? I realise people are probably tired of commenting on tyres but they are quite important and up to date current info would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Gordon:thumb::Smile::thumb:

I have just changed from the very same make of tyre. As they make the ride quite firm with the high pressures recommended by Michelin I sought advice from more knowledgeable people about replacements. Was advised that the Dutch and Germans seem to favour Vredenstein Comtrac. They run at much lower pressures, backs down from 80psi to 65psi. Returning from the fitters unladen but with the tyres inflated to fully loaded conditions the ride certainly had improved and should be even better when loaded up.

Bought them from www.tyremen.co.uk in Hull, posted to me free.

Mike

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I've now had a couple of reccomendations. The ones above, HanKook's,Goodyear Cargo G26's and Continental Vango contacts. Anyone got these on their vans and can let me know what they are like?

Thanks

Gordon:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I replaced mine with Michelin Agilis camping M&S
Lucky at the time that Costco were giving 20% off 4 tyres, had to order them but got brand new off the press ones. Drove through 400 miles of snow December before last without issue.
See pics
http://techno.smugmug.com/Travel/FranceSpain-DecemberJan-2010/15144504_45CB9z#!i=1132462032&k=uniBP

I too have the Michelin Agilis camping M&S fitted to the Motorhome from new.. Brill tyres...I do like the Agilis camping M&S ..... although we always do buy Michelins...it was a bonus to have them fitted from new, like the car that had them fitted from new, which has now been replaced by the same tyre.....We think the Michelin is a tyre over the years has always given us good grip .....also a bonus of many miles between changing::bigsmile:

Mel
:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I've had Hankooks on my van for just over a year and they are fine. Lower pressure than other makes gives my van a better ride. Highwayman fitted Hankooks before I fitted mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
IF YOU DO FIT MICHELIN AGILLIS ,MAKE SURE YOU FIT METAL VALVES AS RECOMENDED MY MICHELIN DUE YO THE HIGH PREASURE, :thumb:

fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
As the high pressure for the Agilis 215/70 R15C has been mentioned here a couple of times may I add this please?

I'd been running the older Michelin camping tyres at 80psi as stated in some paperwork or other I had with the 'van, I think. This gave an awfull ride so when I got the Agilis as replacements I contacted Michelin and gave them my maximum axle weights of Front 1750kg and rear 1900kg, they replied very quickly with 60psi which I am now running them at and the ride is much better. I think 60psi can be considered more 'normal' can't it????

All the best

bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back