LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone know if you need a special connector for the taps at Euro Relais ?

I assume that you need to take your own hose pipe or are already there ?

Want to make sure that I can connect up:Smile:

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
we take our own hose and have a collection of different connections for it, from clip ones to screw in adapters of varying size. I think euro relais are all a small screw connector.We take the right adapter, screw to the tap then attach our hose with a quick release connector. You will need plenty of euro coins to pay for the water or sometimes you have to buy a 'Jeton' or token from the local restaurant or boulangerie! hope this helps
good luck :thumb:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
we take our own hose and have a collection of different connections for it, from clip ones to screw in adapters of varying size. I think euro relais are all a small screw connector.We take the right adapter, screw to the tap then attach our hose with a quick release connector. You will need plenty of euro coins to pay for the water or sometimes you have to buy a 'Jeton' or token from the local restaurant or boulangerie! hope this helps
good luck :thumb:

Thanks, makes sense. So take a hose with a variety of female adaptors. I'd guess the ones at the Euro Relais are 25mm, like a hose lock connector.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Try and get an adjustable connector if you can, the sort you can tighten up with a butterfly on the hose clip. Some of the froggie taps have very stwange shapes and sizes. Some are oblong. :Eeek: Some are 'push' operated so you have to keep pushing to fill up, a right PITA.

How are you certain the borne will be a Euro Relais? You may well have earmarked a certain Aire which the book says is that make - what if you can't get on it at the time? ::bigsmile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
What everyone else has said ::bigsmile: Carry a selection of connectors as they can vary all over the place.Monsieur Bricolage usually has a good selection if you're stuck.

Have Fun,
Mike.

An afterthought-usually your Euros or Jeton buy a fixed amount of water or time-I usually tell others after I have filled up that there may be some left to had by anyone .

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does anyone know if you need a special connector for the taps at Euro Relais ?

I assume that you need to take your own hose pipe or are already there ?

Want to make sure that I can connect up:Smile:

Ridgeway.....there are many connections required in France...But the most common used is the 3/4" Bsp thread......then the 1" Bsp thread...then the 1/2" thread....so it is best to stock a variety of connections as there are so cheap and light....then there is also a rubber one that will fit many taps..BUT like all all multi function items they are a compromise not the best solution as you may need to stay at the tap at all times to make sure it does not slip off...when you could be draining your grey tank!...but also you will need the Rubber connector for the taps with no thread,
Below I have put you some links to Ebay UK...if you look you may find some cheaper on Ebay or your B&Q.??????? who knows....on some they come two in one ...you un-screw the centre out ...or screw the centre in which ever connection required ,

what you require is
1/.........a 3/4" bsp tap connector
2/.........a 1" bsp tap connector
3/.........a 1/2"bsp tap connector
4/.........a Rubber tap connector with wing nut type jubilee clip
5/ you also require the connector on your hosepipe to connect to the tap connector

Also I agree with sedge why have you singled out the Euro Relais...as the are may types
Also it depends who put the information in the book you are reading (its like the Hoover that everybody calls a vacuum cleaner!!) it does not mean it will be a Euro Relais every time!!....
these items below will most every tap in FRANCE.....and the UK...and other countries.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

I Hope this information is of some help to you
Mel

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Glad you brought this up. It reminded me I need the 1" adaptor, which is the size not usually found in garden shops, which I have occasionally found on French taps.

I have ordered one from ebay. :thumb:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Ridgeway.....there are many connections required in France...But the most common used is the 3/4" Bsp thread......then the 1" Bsp thread...then the 1/2" thread....so it is best to stock a variety of connections as there are so cheap and light....then there is also a rubber one that will fit many taps..BUT like all all multi function items they are a compromise not the best solution as you may need to stay at the tap at all times to make sure it does not slip off...when you could be draining your grey tank!...but also you will need the Rubber connector for the taps with no thread,
Below I have put you some links to Ebay UK...if you look you may find some cheaper on Ebay or your B&Q.??????? who knows....on some they come two in one ...you un-screw the centre out ...or screw the centre in which ever connection required ,

what you require is
1/.........a 3/4" bsp tap connector
2/.........a 1" bsp tap connector
3/.........a 1/2"bsp tap connector
4/.........a Rubber tap connector with wing nut type jubilee clip
5/ you also require the connector on your hosepipe to connect to the tap connector

Also I agree with sedge why have you singled out the Euro Relais...as the are may types
Also it depends who put the information in the book you are reading (its like the Hoover that everybody calls a vacuum cleaner!!) it does not mean it will be a Euro Relais every time!!....
these items below will most every tap in FRANCE.....and the UK...and other countries.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

I Hope this information is of some help to you
Mel

Thanks Mel,

Will get a kit together based on above list, I'm fast becoming a mobile Plumb Centre:Smile:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I got one of these one size fits all Link Removed:thumb::thumb::thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
And!!!! one of these
images
I spotted this on Scotjims photos and thought, wot a good idea and it is really useful ,I can also water me plants:ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
got one of those plus

Yes have one of those plus a box of connectors.. even fitted on to the other and so if it has a tread on the tap we can switch it round (as at Malvern show for example).. but we do carry lots of different connectors so we can connect as needed.

Bob

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012

Yep had seen these at the local camping shop here, thought they were to save the male driver from stopping for a pee:whatthe:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is my little collection (the spanner is for the gas and just 'lives' with the other bumph).

Attachments

• Hoses.JPG
    Hoses.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
This is my little collection (the spanner is for the gas and just 'lives' with the other bumph).

Isn't that a portable colonic irrigation kit ?

Does look very complete and looks like it will cover all eventualities

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back