Why Not to Buy A Hymer Trouble at Eden camp (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok, here's one reason not to buy a hymer. If you look closely you will see how badly designed they are.

This particular model owned by the weekenders results in a severe facial injury to Mr Weekenders. Above the nose but below the eye you will see a gaping cut where by the cupboard smacked in to his nose causing bleeding that would last the rest of the weekend.

Being from Shottingham, sorry I mean Nottingham and of the tough brigade Our Mr Weekender feared not and as again you can see went for the Burn the wound in the sun to make it better.

I in my Swift on the otherhand, had no problems with my cupboards,

So further proof that the Hymer is not only overrated but dangerous :Eeek:
:wooo::wooo::wooo::imoutahere:

Attachments

• for fun.JPG
    for fun.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 172

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well Haggers, I heard rumours not unlike these a year ago which is why I kept well away from the Hymer fleet.

Not so fussed about the overrated part but couldn't subject my family to any more danger than my driving. Thanks for the tip and keep your eyes peeled for .......incoming...:roflmto:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
that explains why most hymer owners have broken noses and smashed teeth?
all becomes clear now,cheers haggers:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Paul,you have only posted a pic of the end results.A pic of the offending cupboard would give a better indication if it is a badly designed cupboard or down to user not using the cupboard correctly. I fear the second :thumb: what state was user in ? Sober or inebriated ?::bigsmile: Never mind Hymers or Swifts he needs to do self build :thumb: that way he can only blame himself and not some faceless German designer :Smile:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My Hymer 660 cupboard doors, held closed by a strong catch and open by two telescopic, hydraulic arms (two arms on each cupboard door... not some springy hinge bodge) often attack me (but never my Princess) when in the open position...

...I checked with Peter of Johns Cross Motorhomes, a recognisied expert in the field of such matters, and he suggests I remove approximately ten to twelve centimetres from the bottom of each of my legs and this might sort the problem...

JJ :Cool:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This is all smoke and mirrors
I'll tell you what really happend,during the social gathering 1940s style
The room was graced by the presence of a German SS officer, whilst the attending Naval,Air Force and British Army officers were propping the bar and chewing the fat,This brave citizen of the 40s(weekender) real name withheld for privacy went into auto mode and went for the Nazi visitor,who drew his ceromonial dagger in deffence and slashed his nose:Eeek:
The British contingent fearing for the safety of their pint pots move further away from the fracas and it was only stopped when Sheila (Meet Marshal and Host) intervened and saved the Germans life, who was then held prisoner for the duration of the meet:thumb:
So now you know
There not called FUN Meets for nowt :RollEyes:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it would help JJ if

My Hymer 660 cupboard doors, held closed by a strong catch and open by two telescopic, hydraulic arms (two arms on each cupboard door... not some springy hinge bodge) often attack me (but never my Princess) when in the open position...

...I checked with Peter of Johns Cross Motorhomes, a recognisied expert in the field of such matters, and he suggests I remove approximately ten to twelve centimetres from the bottom of each of my legs and this might sort the problem...

JJ :Cool:

It would help JJ if you did not stand on a stack of FBP tins to reach the back of said cupboard:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
This is all smoke and mirrors
I'll tell you what really happend,during the social gathering 1940s style
The room was graced by the presence of a German SS officer, whilst the attending Naval,Air Force and British Army officers were propping the bar and chewing the fat,This brave citizen of the 40s(weekender) real name withheld for privacy went into auto mode and went for the Nazi visitor,who drew his ceromonial dagger in deffence and slashed his nose:Eeek:
The British contingent fearing for the safety of their pint pots move further away from the fracas and it was only stopped when Sheila (Meet Marshal and Host) intervened and saved the Germans life, who was then held prisoner for the duration of the meet:thumb:
So now you know
There not called FUN Meets for nowt :RollEyes:

Well actually by clicking the picture here Link Removed

You will see that the said German officer is stood next to a very attractive Nurse. The Nurse in the Picture is 5ft10 so gives you some idea about what we were up against. The German Officer was at least 7ft and was armed with a beautiful Blonde lady as well as a dagger.

It was only right on this occasion, that us Officers, held back and commanded Agent Weekender to lace his stew and dumpling's with cyanide..

I think it worked, for I saw him enter an RV at the night time, but only Manda300gt and Dave appeared in the morning for Coffee, Dave would do well to check his lockers and make sure that he is not dead in one of them.

Oh BTW, I never saw you and your hillbilly mate rushing to help poor Mr Weekender? Good job they make them so tough in Nottingham, obviously doesn't extend to Mansfield, and certainly not Winsford ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well actually by clicking the picture here Link Removed

You will see that the said German officer is stood next to a very attractive Nurse. The Nurse in the Picture is 5ft10 so gives you some idea about what we were up against. The German Officer was at least 7ft and was armed with a beautiful Blonde lady as well as a dagger.

It was only right on this occasion, that us Officers, held back and commanded Agent Weekender to lace his stew and dumpling's with cyanide..

I think it worked, for I saw him enter an RV at the night time, but only Manda300gt and Dave appeared in the morning for Coffee, Dave would do well to check his lockers and make sure that he is not dead in one of them.

Oh BTW, I never saw you and your hillbilly mate rushing to help poor Mr Weekender? Good job they make them so tough in Nottingham, obviously doesn't extend to Mansfield, and certainly not Winsford ::bigsmile:
I was busy holding back my Hillbilly mate Tony, he wanted to kill the German and the special agent, cos neither were from Manchester:Eeek:
But I have this trouble wherever we go together:Doh:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Actually you've all got it wrong

the culprit was not the said Hymer nor the SS Officer Davefraur Strucknell Caster, it was actually Lord Applewotsit Focker and his side kick Toby! but having said that Val Von Strongen has a nifty left hooker!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I must confess I don't "get" these retro gatherings.

It's like watching Goodnight Sweetheart::bigsmile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
:Eeek:the pics of the nazi officer scared me .....:Eeek:

You would not be alone.

Dave, carried this off so well that when he entered the room, many gulped..

He must be 6ft 4 and a big fit looking fella. Dressed in a nazi uniform even down to the dagger he looked really intimidating despite being a gentleman whilst posing for photos.

i think if most Funsters would of donned a Nazi uniform it would of meant nothing, but because it was Dave it meant something.

Ralph and I were joking that, you wouldn't want to be ramsacking his RV for him to come back and find you whilst dressed like that, walking his two great big dogs . You would take the easy way out and shoot yaself :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

still well done Dave and Manda, great outfit. :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
What ho, some cracking pictures there haggars.
Looks like a good time was had by all

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ok, here's one reason not to buy a hymer. If you look closely you will see how badly designed they are.

This particular model owned by the weekenders results in a severe facial injury to Mr Weekenders. Above the nose but below the eye you will see a gaping cut where by the cupboard smacked in to his nose causing bleeding that would last the rest of the weekend.

Being from Shottingham, sorry I mean Nottingham and of the tough brigade Our Mr Weekender feared not and as again you can see went for the Burn the wound in the sun to make it better.

I in my Swift on the otherhand, had no problems with my cupboards,

So further proof that the Hymer is not only overrated but dangerous :Eeek:
:wooo::wooo::wooo::imoutahere:

Do you know , i was painting Vals finger nails in the lovely sunshine when the said accident happened.
Bob never even flinched.
The side locker just dropped down on the bridge of his nose . Leaving a slither of skin on the aluminium edge :Eeek:
It was only when blood was dripping off the end of his nose did he ask for assistance.
Good job too , or a nail or too may have got smudged :winky:
Hard as Nails up North you see Haggers .

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Being from Shottingham, sorry I mean Nottingham and of the tough brigade Our Mr Weekender

just to put you straight it is Nottingham and haven't i told you off before for calling it shottingham mr haggers::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
i will set Robin hood on you ::bigsmile:

and don't insult us any further because weekenders are from LEICESTERSHIRE not NOTTINGHAMSHIRE don't want them kind here::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back