Wanted merc 5 berth --30k max (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi All I need a little help ::bigsmile: my mate has 30k to spend on a M/H (lucky git :winky:)
wants is simple ----
merc
5 berth or above
rhd
3.5t
I have already looked on ebay and autotrader using Mercedes search but the I found another under Rimor so any links etc to what any of you thinks good value for money :thumb:
Peter ?no warranty req :Smile:
terry

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
A little bit more....but nice....

Link Removed

Shirl

Very nice van but it is 4.6 tonnes I believe and the OP asked for 3.5 max. In regard to which I think it may be a challenge to find a five berth with decent payload at 3.5 tonnes max.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
A little bit more....but nice....

Link Removed
nice van not a bad price :thumb:

Shirl

Very nice van but it is 4.6 tonnes I believe and the OP asked for 3.5 max. In regard to which I think it may be a challenge to find a five berth with decent payload at 3.5 tonnes max.
Well spotted :Doh: I missed that :thumb::winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just a quick bump--- I think, he is thinking of casting the net wider than mercs ::bigsmile:
terry

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Never missing an opportunity :winky:

Link Removed

I would have recommended this off a fellow funster BUT it's not 3.5t :Doh:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Never missing an opportunity :winky:

Link Removed

I would have recommended this off a fellow funster BUT it's not 3.5t :Doh:

Sure your name is not Peter ::bigsmile:
terry

skinhead123

Free Member
Mar 20, 2012
lancashire
Funster No
MH
lowprofile
Exp
terry
i would stick to the merc and dont go off the beaten track
i have a rimor sailer 748 with a merc 312 turbo engine 24ft long it is lovely to drive and for me personaly i love my rimor.if and when you come to sell your merc they hold there money better then any other maker parts are cheap and plenty of them about.
i went to a local market the other day and noticed that 8 out of 10 vans was a sprinter .
my point is the market traders know there vans.
i haved owned 3 motor homes

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
terry
i would stick to the merc and dont go off the beaten track
i have a rimor sailer 748 with a merc 312 turbo engine 24ft long it is lovely to drive and for me personaly i love my rimor.if and when you come to sell your merc they hold there money better then any other maker parts are cheap and plenty of them about.
i went to a local market the other day and noticed that 8 out of 10 vans was a sprinter .
my point is the market traders know there vans.
i haved owned 3 motor homes

The 312 I owned was the 5 pot 2.9 turbo and was brilliant, the last of the old fashioned non computer/ sensor models BUT not LEZ compliant, the next model on suffered from various faults with high milage use, the facelift 2006 onwards model is the best one.
I looked at the Merc 3.5t single rear wheel MH models but the payload was poor unless I went for the 4.6t version. The chassis on a 3.5t twin wheel Transit will take more weight than the Merc as its upgradable where the 3.5t Merc chassis is not according the Mercedes themselves.

Dave

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If I had £30 grand and you as a friend Terry I would get you (and your mate) to build me one from scratch... would end up with a great van, just as I wanted it, at a reasonable cost... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If I had £30 grand and you as a friend Terry I would get you (and your mate) to build me one from scratch... would end up with a great van, just as I wanted it, at a reasonable cost... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:
That may well be the best option JJ :thumb: Not got to convince me but he has to get Ann on board ::bigsmile: If anyone can he and mrs can :winky:
Already got plans/layout in my head --- SIDE 3 REAR bb with BR across rest of rear,after bb wardrobe with f/f -across from kit leading onto 2 singles with double/king option :Smile: Sounds good layout to me :winky:
terry

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Link Removed

The Superbriggs always sell well and get a premium BUT thats the ones with the big garage for the motorbike boys, this one with the bunk beds should go at a reasonable price and its got a great spec, but its the 4.6 ton

Dave

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks guys it is very easy to miss the weight :thumb:He is limited to 3.5t not really bothered about payload much as they intend weekends away rather than weeks :Smile:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back