Free Member
Mar 20, 2012
midlands
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having just bought a kontiki m/h I am trying to get it ready for use, when i switch the fridge on via ehu the rcd trips after 3-4 seconds. So i took the fridge out wired it directly via a socket and it tripped the rcd. :cry:
Any answers to this problem would be appreciated, or do i need to replace it, if so where from.
Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Your element is gone short circuit or a wiring fault. More likely the element though as they tend to corrode at the back of the fridge where they are exposed to damp air through the fidge vents.

Replacement is pretty straight forward, as its just 2 wires and a few cable clips holding it in. Parts available at various accessory shops or on EBay

carry on then

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
.EU
Funster No
MH
camper sort of thingy
Exp
about 5 minutes
+1 on the element being the culprit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

dink

Free Member
Mar 20, 2012
midlands
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Your element is gone short circuit or a wiring fault. More likely the element though as they tend to corrode at the back of the fridge where they are exposed to damp air through the fidge vents.

Replacement is pretty straight forward, as its just 2 wires and a few cable clips holding it in. Parts available at various accessory shops or on EBay

Thanks will replace element, as I have wired it directly via lead and plug which would rule out wiring fault also when fridge was taken out the air in the void felt damp. Will let you know if it worked.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back