Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
I am trying to find a good deal on TV and satellite for my VW camper van. I have 12v leisure battery and also electric hook up(mains). Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent set up ( reasonable price too). I am planning a tour of europe in the summer and it would be nice to pick up english channels if possible, although not essential. I have seen a 12v tv with built in free view and PVR (records to usb stick) 16inch for £89 delivered. it is kogan brand. has anyone used this tv or similar in european countries? any feedback on this subject gratefully received.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I use a Sky minidish and an old camera tripod......works well and doesnt come any cheaper.

the dish was £17 with a quad LNB off Ebay

the tripod i already had, but they aint expensive.

you will also need a satellite receiver. i use this one Link Removed
12v and 230v operation with remote magic eye so it can be hidden in a cupboard/locker..

the dish should cover most of northern Europe but further into Spain will need a much bigger dish....1 to 1.2mtrs

considering a Kogan TV for the bedroom area.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

For europe I'd get an 85cm dish minimum e.g.
Link Removed and a tripod. You'll need a bigger dish if you travel any further south than Barcelona and want to get Astra 2, otherwise 85cm will be fine for Astra 1. Our 85cm gets us SKY HD in most places between northern italy and Barcelona.

Pappajohn's suggestion of Zhender is perfect, we too have a Zhender for 12V only TV viewing, we have a SKY box for 240V viewing.

We have a MEOS 12V,240V, DVD, HD TV, USB and SD Slot which is excellent picture quality and has never drained the leisure battery yet.
http://www.meos.co.uk/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We have a MEOS 12V,240V, DVD, HD TV, USB and SD Slot which is excellent picture quality and has never drained the leisure battery yet.
http://www.meos.co.uk/

I have one of these, 20" but it doesn't have a USB connection can you put a link to the page on the Moes web site that shows it.

Much obliged.
Jim
:Smile:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Here you go
Link Removed

this is a newer model to ours but looks similar :)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
I have one of these, 20" but it doesn't have a USB connection can you put a link to the page on the Moes web site that shows it.

Much obliged.
Jim

And a link to the photo from their website:

Link Removed

cheers

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
And a link to the photo from their website:

Link Removed

cheers

Now Ive got to go and have a look at my telly.
Jim
:Doh:
Yes, there's a USB there. Why haven't I seen that before. Have you ever tried to view photos from your camera on your telly via the USB.

Sorry for hijacking this post by the way.

Last edited:

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
russT25;569607 PVR (records to usb stick) .[/QUOTE said:
Hi, RussT25, i just spotted this on the MEOS TV website , which is something you wanted .......

"Record Me The Play Me and Entertain Me range now feature meos ‘Record Me’. This enables you to record live TV to a USB storage device. You can record all your favourite TV shows manually or schedule them to record in advance using the electronic programme guide. The recordings can then be played back directly on your meos console, a portable media player or computer, for a flexible and portable PVR solution."

Link Removed

cheers

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Pappa John's solution is the best (imo).
Jim

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Now Ive got to go and have a look at my telly.
Yes, there's a USB there. Why haven't I seen that before. Have you ever tried to view photos from your camera on your telly via the USB.

Hi, I have tried the SD memory card out of the camera in the TV, it went through them one by one like a slide show and displayed them no problem, i haven't tried by USB though, it should work, you've got my grey matter going now, I'm going to try it :)

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Have you ever tried to view photos from your camera on your telly via the USB.

See attached, in USB mode there is Photo, Movie and Music.

Attachments

• meos_usb.JPG
    meos_usb.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 15

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Noe I'm gonna have to go and have another look.:whatthe:
Jim
:RollEyes:

acdctv

Free Member
Mar 28, 2012
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Dodge
Exp
On all these modern TVs with a USB input, the drive (or memory stick) simply shows up on the list of input options (such as TV DVD etc), and once selected the files on the drive will be there to click and play as you would on a PC. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
R

russT25

Free Member
Mar 8, 2012
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
VWT25
Exp
1 hour
ok I read all forums i could find concerning tv set ups in mobile homes and have bought kogan 16inch LED built in DVD player and USB socket. £89 with free delivery from kogan website. £9 extra for 12v adaptor which plugs into cig lighter socket. ( this TV also runs from mains 240 v). I bought an amplified ariel (runs off 2AA batteries). I went camping at the weekend with the misses and eagerly set up the tv and was pleasantly surprised as to how clear the picture was. I had to experiment with ariel position but still picked up 12 digital stations and about 10 radio stations.I would wholly recommend kogan tv,s

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back