Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Dover
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I an a newbie and I have just completed my shakedown cruise in my newly purchased (although not new) Autotrail Cherokee with and L shaped rear lounge. To make up the bed, I have to use the rear seat cushions, but have found that they separate in the night leaving an uncomfortable gap.
My question is, is there any way to prevent this happening?

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Get yourself or yourselves a Raskalf Douvalay. Yhis is a combined memory foam topper and quilt. This will even out the lumps/gaps in the bed.

be aware that they are quite bulky to store though.

also try and put something at the top or bottom of the made up bed that will push the cushions together and stop them moving as you sleep

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try different combinations with the cushions it took us a few nights to work out the best and it was the same when we had the caravan you can normally make the bed a few different ways .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
I an a newbie and I have just completed my shakedown cruise in my newly purchased (although not new) Autotrail Cherokee with and L shaped rear lounge. To make up the bed, I have to use the rear seat cushions, but have found that they separate in the night leaving an uncomfortable gap.
My question is, is there any way to prevent this happening?

Try sleeping on the floor :Eeek: :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Lie very still when you sleep!:thumb:

No hanky panky!!!:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have them....

The answer is a Raskalf Douvalay. Holds the cushions together and a great nights sleep

We had extra thick foam ones made by them and also to a wider size as we each use one of the double beds... they work, but as stated storage is an issue.. I have a couple of big kit bags I got from Gardeners of Wakefield - off the shelf .. £20 something each and we roll the douvalays up put a elastic around them in two places and fit the kit bags over them and then store in the shower on our RV.. we can get two of them in side by side no problems.

No cheap items, especially if you go non standard size and also want extra spare bedding for the longer tips. Now that is fun taking them apart for washing.

Bob

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back