Not suitable for children... (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The wording on a CL site that used to welcome children.. :Sad:

I asked the owners why .. this is what they said..

Bad behaviour, adults allowing kids to run amok .. disturbing other campers, throwing stones, toilet paper pulled out and stuffed in pan.. ..

Is it any wonder kids and being made less welcome and why many sites / CLs are now 'adults only' ? This not only saddens but angers me, the few spoiling it for the many ..

I have been camping, caravanning and motorhoming with kids since the early 70s.. we would never allow ours to annoy others or break site rules.. yet we are penalised.. but when Chaz leaves the nest we too will probably seek out and use 'adult only' sites... a sad reflection on 'our times' ..

This is not a rant about children, how could it be, having brought up six and enjoyed every day with them.. It's a rant against the adults who trundle onto a site, turn their kids loose and expect them to make their own fun and ignore the trouble they cause others. :Angry:

Kids love camping .. but they can't be left to their own devices.. the devil finds work for idle hands..

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We have 3 grown up boys and 5 grandchildren. We love to see them when they visit but were also glad to see them go home. We had fantastic times away with our kids particularly camping in the states.
Some folk don't like kids full stop but we aren't that way. We enjoy seeing kids around and about enjoying themselves.
Saying that, we have watched parents sit back and actively encourage their kids to mis- behave.
Kid free sites are becoming more and more popular. A lot of sites now have segregated areas, an area for campers with kids and and a kid free area.
Its not the ideal but what can you do.
Jim
:Smile:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!

Bad behaviour, adults allowing kids to run amok .. disturbing other campers, throwing stones, toilet paper pulled out and stuffed in pan.. ..

Is it any wonder kids and being made less welcome and why many sites / CLs are now 'adults only' ? This not only saddens but angers me, the few spoiling it for the many ..

I have been camping, caravanning and motorhoming with kids since the early 70s.. we would never allow ours to annoy others or break site rules.. yet we are penalised.. but when Chaz leaves the nest we too will probably seek out and use 'adult only' sites... a sad reflection on 'our times' ..

This is not a rant about children, how could it be, having brought up six and enjoyed every day with them.. It's a rant against the adults who trundle onto a site, turn their kids loose and expect them to make their own fun and ignore the trouble they cause others. :Angry:

Kids love camping .. but they can't be left to their own devices.. the devil finds work for idle hands..

Such an old proverb, but so true Jim, interesting you say you will be looking at adult only sites in the future, some of the todays older kids will be adults then, hard to imagine what they will turn out to be like:whatthe:, will we be looking for Pensioner sites only?::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this stops 'em running wild.....

didnt stop the pillock in the static next door starting his car every 1/2hr for 10 minutes a time.

no idea why he did it but sounded like a bag of hammers.:Angry:

Oh so funny when he came back out one time to turn it off only to find the doors locked and the engine still running....one drivers door window later and he never started it again. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_0630 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0630 (Large).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 88
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
this stops 'em running wild.....

didnt stop the pillock in the static next door starting his car every 1/2hr for 10 minutes a time.

no idea why he did it but sounded like a bag of hammers.:Angry:

Oh so funny when he came back out one time to turn it off only to find the doors locked and the engine still running....one drivers door window later and he never started it again. :ROFLMAO:

Ooh you are naughty :thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I always use adult only CL's. From memory the last 3 times I have been on sites that allow children I have had bad experiences with balls, kids running round my van screaming and music blasting....

I don't blame the kids I blame the parents....

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009

That is being a responsable parent Jim, ground rules should be set at an early age if not then this is what happens no fear or respect for anyone or anything.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We used to tour with 2 other families in their motorhomes with children. So 3 vans and a total of 7 children. We met up on the Caravan Club at Cirencester,the site manager made great pains to admonish us even before we sited,to keep the kids well behaved.
During the w/e the only noise on site was from 3 units with pensioners who liked country and Western music especially at 10p.m.! when we complained to the warden that the racket was keeping the children awake,he more or less called us liars,the cad!:Angry:
Now they are all grown up we stick to cls or css generally families don't use them.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Although the Parents are to blame some sites need to make sure they enforce their rules.

We once went to a haven site in Wales and took Sophie to the soft play area it had sign saying children must be supervised also had a couple of haven workers. Well we counted about 25kids and quite a few of them teens which wasnt allowed and only 2 parents so Sophie who was about 4 wouldn't play i polity asked the member of staff if the kids should be there with no parents, she said she didnt mind but told her i did and would like to see a manager or the kids parents sitting in here.

Well she sent the kids away felt bad for some of them and had a few angry parents complain to her but i followed the rules why shouldnt they.

Gerry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
During the w/e the only noise on site was from 3 units with pensioners who liked country and Western music especially at 10p.m.! when we complained to the warden that the racket was keeping the children awake,he more or less called us liars,the cad!:Angry:
Now they are all grown up we stick to cls or css generally families don't use them.:thumb:

Yes, adults can be just as rowdy ..

was once woken by a right barny going on, shouting and screaming.. went out to see what was going on and was two oldies having a right old go at each other ..

sites are a microcosm of life.. you meet all sorts, (as we all know from people watching.. ) folks go on holiday but take along their habits, .. good and bad..

We have always preferred CLs , and long before EHU was popular you could find ones at £1.50 per night that were little more than a field , a water tap and lots of cattle droppings .. great places for dads to enjoy playing with the kids .. you could spend a week and hardly see another van..

Nowadays many are like miniature club sites, complete with ehu, toilets, etc .. with prices to match, but there are some real gems still around that haven't moved with the times.. and still offer peace and quiet with space to play, light a BBQ and not bother anyone..

yes, .. I'm reminiscing.... must be getting old

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back