Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Filled water tank for the first time this year.

Can hear pump trying to work but nothing coming through the taps and water running out under the van. Drain valve is closed.

Boiler is a Truma combi boiler

Any advice? Had hoped to take van away for a few days tomorrow.
Thanks
Elizabeth
:cry::cry::cry:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Have you checked the small frost protection "dump" valve on the boiler is closed?

If it opened during the cold weather the water will just be pumped out till you reset the valve.

My Truma frost protection valve looks like this....

Link Removed

The red button on the top resets the valve,and stops the water draining out when the pump runs.

Callum

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just had that prob, asked on here , got the solution, warm the dump valve with a hairdryer, (make sure the little red(?) button is in the up position,) should stop the pump once you system is up to pressure, (as long as you have got rid of all the air in the system by opening all the taps, start nearest the pump and work to the furthest away):thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like truma protection auto dump valve is open..

OP
OP
artemis

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Water problem

Thanks for the advice. My husband assures me the boiler dump valve is closed. We have not had this problem before but it is only our second year with this van.
Perhaps the valve is not completely closed.

We will try again tomorrow and hopefully succeed. Any more suggestions as to the cause would be welcome.

Thanks
Elizabeth

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks for the advice. My husband assures me the boiler dump valve is closed. We have not had this problem before but it is only our second year with this van.
Perhaps the valve is not completely closed.

We will try again tomorrow and hopefully succeed. Any more suggestions as to the cause would be welcome.

Thanks
Elizabeth

If it's not the dump valve then it's possible something has frozen and split while laid up during the winter. Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Do you have a drain valve somewhere we have one that drains the hot water tank and all pipes and sods law every time i fill up its in the open position and as soon as i open a tap it empties tank :ROFLMAO: always say i will remember that next time :ROFLMAO:

Ours is a wee yellow valve under seat just pulls up and folds down like flap switch

OP
OP
artemis

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Do you have a drain valve somewhere we have one that drains the hot water tank and all pipes and sods law every time i fill up its in the open position and as soon as i open a tap it empties tank :ROFLMAO: always say i will remember that next time :ROFLMAO:

Ours is a wee yellow valve under seat just pulls up and folds down like flap switch

John says we have two drain valves, one for hot and one for cold, both have been closed. It is all very frustrating!!
:Doh::Doh::Doh:

OP
OP
artemis

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Water problem solved

Problem was that tank has different valves for travelling and camping. Pick up point for pump in freshwater tank above overflow outlet when in travel mode. The water was drained when it had its habitation service and valve left in travel mode. we had never used this mode. It means no water available when travelling for taps or toilet. Crazy!! Who would want to use this?
Thanks for advice, we can now put everything back in the garage and go away.
Elizabeth

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This is a 'shot in the dark' but it might be to do with the weight capacity of the vehicle (Max Authorised Mass - MAM). A lot of Artos are plated at 3,500kg MAM and a full tank of water, plus all the other things we tend to travel with, might well put them over this limit. Perhaps the travelling mode valve is there to prevent filling the tank beyond a certain weight - remember water weighs 1 kg / litre so an extra 70 litres might tip the balance - so to speak. Obviously, this may not be relevant to you if yours is plated at a higher MAM than 3,500kg.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back