LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just returned home after a great week dodging around Yorkshire doing a bit of walking, birding, sightseeing & having a lpg tank fitted under the motorhome.

We now have an underslung system with a "crash safe" regulator which still enables us to travel with the Alde heating system operating if required as we could with the original Secumotion system.

Our gas locker is now free for valuable additional storage although we have kept the original regulator and Gaslow changeover in place so it will possible to carry gas bottles if required at any time.

The new tank and plumbing system was fitted by Autogas2000 in Thirsk after we were given all the necessary advice and options by Chris and his fitter John.

I am happy to recommend Autogas2000 for a very professional job to anyone considering a bulk tank on their motorhome.

Brian

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
for one minute I thought you had posted DOGGING around yorkshire :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wise choice with the underslung
:thumb:

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
for one minute I thought you had posted [HI]DOGGING around yorkshire [/HI]:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

wise choice with the underslung
:thumb:

Thanks Paul.....if only:winky:

................oh, well done with Liverpool run today :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi,i hope you don't mind the question but i was just wondering how big the tank is (in litres)and how mutch it cost.as i am thinking of having one on my panel van conversion as i don't think there is room for 2 bottles and i don't fancy running out of gas with just 1 bottle.having had rv's for over 20 years with big tanks and level gauges it has not been a problem before.i would like to try downsizing but still want some of the refinements of my rv,i know there isn't room for many but a decent gas supply would be nice.:thumb:

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
hi,i hope you don't mind the question but i was just wondering how big the tank is (in litres)and how mutch it cost.as i am thinking of having one on my panel van conversion as i don't think there is room for 2 bottles and i don't fancy running out of gas with just 1 bottle.having had rv's for over 20 years with big tanks and level gauges it has not been a problem before.i would like to try downsizing but still want some of the refinements of my rv,i know there isn't room for many but a decent gas supply would be nice.:thumb:

I certainly don't mind your question........it's a 55ltr tank which holds 44lts at the regulation 80% fill level and came out at around £800 including the crash sensative regulator, cab mounted level gauge and external fill point.

The 44ltr capacity is just short of two 13Kg calor bottles.

I would suggest you contact Chris at ...
Broken Link Removed
.......who will talk you through all the possibilities but meanwhile please ask if you want any further info.

Brian

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Underslung Tank

I spent months researching whilst I was waiting to find my MH and I had a 55lltr tank fitted, its freed a a great storage locker and no more fetching and lifting gas bottles, I am new to this but have been a tugger for 25 years

just hope I remeber how to fill up when I need to !!

Dave​

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Underslung gas tank

Hi Icantremember and Merc308.. The 55 litre tank is the one we would like to fit.. Is it fitted lengthways along the chassis between the chassis rails ? or transverse? or outside of the chassis rails just inside the body panels.?....Also when you look at the exit / entry points on the actual tank, does it point slightly up, horizontal or slightly down.? Sorry to be a nosey pain, but we are keen to get it done as well.. Thanks for your time and congrats on your success...

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Icantremember and Merc308.. The 55 litre tank is the one we would like to fit.. Is it fitted lengthways along the chassis between the chassis rails ? or transverse? or outside of the chassis rails just inside the body panels.?....Also when you look at the exit / entry points on the actual tank, does it point slightly up, horizontal or slightly down.? Sorry to be a nosey pain, but we are keen to get it done as well.. Thanks for your time and congrats on your success...

Hi Jenny and Mitch, our tank is fitted across the vehicle between the Alco chassis rails, just forward of the rear axle. However Chris at Autogas2000 would look at your particular layout and available space to suit various tank sizes before quoting you.

I'm not sure what you mean as to the entry / exit points.

We are in Norfolk, not far from you so you are welcome to call in to see our set-up if it would help.

Brian

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
When I had my 40ltr tank fitted I was advised that the only accurate gauge was the one actually on the tank-I'd be interested to know how accurate yours is-then I might get one ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Hi Mike, our gauge is a small unit approx 60mm x 25mm with a series of nine leds.....it is early days yet but it apears to be reasonably accurate although I'm sure it will not be exactly correct but certainly will give me a fair idea of tank contents.
Brian

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp

On mine the tank is lengthways along the chassis rails and its an Iveco RWD chassis, the exit point and pipework are horizontal, its fitted just at the rear of the cab.
The level indicator is in the living area has 5 LED's and it remains to be seen how accurate they are, the filler is mounted on the floor of the old gas locker right at the front, the fitter told me that was better than cutting holes in the body and trying to route pipework from the available spaces for it.

I had it fitted at International Motorhomes in Coventry they are US RV dealers so I presumed they knew what they were doing, I did get a quote from a place in Birmingham but too expensive and I was not impressed with the workshops or perhaps lack of them !!

Just hope I get on OK when I have to refill it for the first time:whatthe:

Dave

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you Brian and Dave for your replies... Brian I would like to have a look some time when up your way, so thank you very much for the offer and good luck with the tank.. And good luck with yours too Dave.. Mitch..

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thank you Brian and Dave for your replies... Brian I would like to have a look some time when up your way, so thank you very much for the offer and good luck with the tank.. And good luck with yours too Dave.. Mitch..

Hi Mitch, you are welcome to come over anytime, just pm me for our address. Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back