Auto Dump Valve (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Seem to have a bit of a problemo, My Frost Protection Dump Valve isn't working, it won't close:Sad:

We last used our M/H in Jan, when we came home we (actually thats ME!, Mrs R thinks she's on holiday as soon as we leave the drive, and when home "technical stuff is your Department"), But I digress!:Doh:
I emptied the System, wiped out the Tank, left all taps open and pushed the dump Valve down, to open it.
Today, because we are going to a Rally over the Weekend , I decided to test the system, only to find the Valve no workee:Angry:

Question; Did I do something wrong?:Doh:

If the valve is U/S where do I get a replacement, and if I have To, can I bypass the blinking thing temporarily, without causing a problem until the part arrives.

Tried Geoff Cox, still waiting to hear back from them.

Any advise gratefully received as always: :notworthy::notworthy:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
What was the air temp when you tried this? I only ask as I did the same thing today and had a bit of a panic but then wondered about the air temp where the valve is. So waited until this afternoon once the sun had come 'round and bingo, it stayed up.

We had quite a heavy frost this morning so I guess the 'van took a while to warm up.

Just and idea.

PS, a peg is the temporary answer to the fix. Lift up the plunger and clip it with the peg :)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Will watch this with interest as ours "dribbles" occasionally. Is this normal or do I need to think about a replacement? Thanks. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Will watch this with interest as [HI]ours "dribbles" occasionally[/HI]. Is this normal or do I need to think about a replacement? Thanks. :Smile:

I think that might be an age thing Ken, I'm not looking forward to it at all.......:roflmto:

Bugger, Pappajohn beat me too it.......::Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
What was the air temp when you tried this? I only ask as I did the same thing today and had a bit of a panic but then wondered about the air temp where the valve is. So waited until this afternoon once the sun had come 'round and bingo, it stayed up.

We had quite a heavy frost this morning so I guess the 'van took a while to warm up.

Just and idea.

PS, a peg is the temporary answer to the fix. Lift up the plunger and clip it with the peg :)

Could well be the cause. Our previous van didn't have an auto valve so we're having to get used to it on the Burstner. We have had to run the heating for a short while a couple of times to raise the temperature around the valve sufficiently for it to stay closed.

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time

Just and idea.

Yeh thanks BwB, it was this arvo, and warm, and yes, did have a peg in place, but pump kept working after the system was bled, and water kept exhausting from the system, still thinking of By passing the Valve, until I can get hold of a replacement.

But it seems slagging yer mate off is the go:Angry:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I emptied the System, wiped out the Tank, left all taps open and pushed the dump Valve down, to open it.

When I 1st used the dump valve, I thought that it was not closing as it kept dropping when I tried to close it by lifting the valve. Eventually realised that I was not pulling the valve up firm enough so gave it a hard pull and it locked into place Could you be experiencing the same problem??? Just a thought, give it a hard pull and see what happens.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Seem to have a bit of a problemo, My Frost Protection Dump Valve isn't working, it won't close:Sad:

We last used our M/H in Jan, when we came home we (actually thats ME!, Mrs R thinks she's on holiday as soon as we leave the drive, and when home "technical stuff is your Department"), But I digress!:Doh:
Today, because we are going to a Rally over the Weekend , I decided to test the system, only to find the Valve no workee:Angry:

Question; Did I do something wrong?:Doh:

If the valve is U/S where do I get a replacement, and if I have To, can I bypass the blinking thing temporarily, without causing a problem until the part arrives.

Tried Geoff Cox, still waiting to hear back from them.

Any advise gratefully received as always: :notworthy::notworthy:
Hi Rangitira,

If you don't have power to the valve, it will not stay closed at ambient temperatures below 6 degrees C. Turn on the heating but turn the thermostat right down, to prevent the heating coming on, that way, you are only powering the dump valve, and not using any gas

HTH,

Jock.

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Just for information purposes, the new style valve on the Caioca has a tap type lever you need to realign, and then there is a reset button to push!! How do I know, I did mine over the last weekend!! HTH:cry:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Dribbles

Will watch this with interest as ours "dribbles" occasionally. Is this normal or do I need to think about a replacement? Thanks. :Smile:

We have the Truma C6002 gas and electric boiler with the electronic dump valve. Ours had the "Dribbles" last year and cleaning out the system with vinegar in the hope of removing any lime deposits did not work. I got a replacement from the retail arm of Tuma, which is called Miriad Products. Around £50.00 or so. This cured the problem and was easy to fit DIY.

Interestingly the electronic valve has now been superceeded by the new non electrical type so I wonder if these things had been giving problems

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Thanks Fellas some good tips there from you all. Had decided to change the valve from Auto to Manual. But tried the Hair dryer (well paint stripper gun) and it worked

All power to you all:notworthy::notworthy::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back