Vintage Festival 2012 (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
This looks fantastic, just up my street:thumb:, anyone on here going or been before? not cheap compared to our normal meets but for the entertainment, well worth it, I think:Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Wizzer

Awaiting a link mate and further details of this rally your running :Smile::Smile:

Love these sorts of things:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Mmm £343 for two adults, camping in a van, may be a little strong:RollEyes: might need a bit of a funster discount:thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We were looking at the Twinwood festival, but a bit pricey like this one!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
It does look good though. I fancy going to an 80's theme bash.
Dare i say it , some hotels do a good bash. Disco , stop over , breakfast .

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
it a shame its so highly priced, but i wonder how many will actually pay such an amount, certainly not us, we could get to and from france and camp for a week in the sun for what they want for a weekend. Has no one told them that folk are generally cutting back a bit and being more selective when it comes to parting with their hard earned

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yes must admit when I first looked I thought it was £139 for two and the van, as you say £350 is one chunk of cash:cry:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Value for money depends an awful lot on what you are interested in. We have been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed for the last three years and have booked again for this year, not much change out of £600 for five nights camping!:Eeek: Yup sounds bloody expensive doesn't it? What we get is a front row seat to see some of the most important and impressive and interesting motor racing vehicles in history plus being able to mingle with the drivers of such machinery. I've met and spoken with Stirling Moss three times, first year there walking around the F1 paddock and I said to J "that's Jochen Mass over there!" at which he came over and shook my hand and said hello!

You just don't get stories like that wild camping:ROFLMAO:

D.

OP
OP
wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Dave
Yes been twice on day tickets myself, but £600 buys me plenty of wildcamping peace, quiet and solitude that imo cannot be beat:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hi Dave
Yes been twice on day tickets myself, but £600 buys me plenty of wildcamping peace, quiet and solitude that imo cannot be beat:thumb:

But that's my point Wizzer, if you want peace and tranquility you wouldn't consider a festival of any sort, you'd go for out of the way wild camping spots. By contrast if you're into the festival scene, whether it be music, flower power or cars you have to accept that these things cost a lot of money to stage and therefore you are going to pay for it. For our £600 we get five nights camping just a few hundred yards from the hillclimb start line, entrance to the grounds for four days (Thursday is moving motorshow day but this is a great opportunity to browse the market stalls etc). We will see cars and bikes being used for their intended purpose in a unique setting, many are not run anywhere else publicly! This excites us and gets our life blood moving.

Like I said, if you want peace and tranquility you wouldn't be considering a festival of any sort, but if you are interested in a particular genre, whether it be music, classic cars, racing cars or steam engines, you will have to pay for it.

D.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Twinwood Festival is advertised in the current edition C&CC magazine as :-

'two people, the whole festival, plus 5 nights stay - only £249 All In'
Dogs are permitted in the camping area. That doesn't seem too bad a price to me. Anybody from Fun thinking of going?

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
If you haven't been before it's definitely worth a visit. If the weather is kind it's fabulous because you can enjoy all the outdoor music and Dancing and there is plenty of choice. I have been twice ...the first visit was amazing lovely sunshine open air concerts and Dancing on specially laid dance floors outside. The atmosphere was great loads of stalls too. The second for me personally was a disaster it poured with rain..... AND I lost my van key's .......or should I say THOUGHT I had !! It's a long story. Anyway just be aware that yes dogs are allowed on the campsite but not in the showground.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back