Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No, but it would be nice as they've sold millions,:Smile: they have the backing of governments and large companies like Microsoft to get it out to the third world. I imediatly saw the advantages for the wild camper, slow cooking means using a lot of gas or running a genny. The Wonderbag brings slow cooking to the wildcamper. 10 minutes on the hob, 10 hours in the bag. Could save cash at home too, not that leccy slow cookers use much.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think the only real market in this country will be campers and tenters in particular.

It's still a pretty big market though.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I think the only real market in this country will be campers and tenters in particular.

It's still a pretty big market though.

Good morning!

Tenters would only use it if static, because most of the time (nowadays only...it used to be different when there were no well equiped caravans , and very very few motorhomes) tenters treck and so use light stuff; they very rarely take more than one small pan which goes with the gas ring. The wonderbag would be of no interest , taking too much room in a rucksac , and most of the trekkers using dry food (sometimes already cooked) they only need to boil water or milk which takes about 5 minutes. But it is a good idea for caravans and motorhomes and even as an everyday way of saving gas or electricity!!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
It looks brilliant to me - and fantastic that they give one to a poor family in Africa every time someone here buys one.
From our point of view it must take less room up than a slow cooker so even when on hook up it's a good thing.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We have a Dream Pot, an Australian product. Does the same thing, great when not on hook up or on the move :) Jane
But it does not double as a hat :-(

Last edited:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Looks more like a beanbag - so it'd be great to put your feet up at the end of a hard day.....:winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Good morning!

Tenters would only use it if static, because most of the time (nowadays only...it used to be different when there were no well equiped caravans , and very very few motorhomes) tenters treck and so use light stuff; they very rarely take more than one small pan which goes with the gas ring. The wonderbag would be of no interest , taking too much room in a rucksac , and most of the trekkers using dry food (sometimes already cooked) they only need to boil water or milk which takes about 5 minutes. But it is a good idea for caravans and motorhomes and even as an everyday way of saving gas or electricity!!

Amicalement

Good morning.

I agree but I have seen a lot of tenters that roll up in there car, unload the kids and pitch a tent in a field. It would work for them I guess.

You wouldn't want to carry it round though if trekking.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Good morning.

I agree but I have seen a lot of tenters that roll up in there car, unload the kids and pitch a tent in a field. It would work for them I guess.

You wouldn't want to carry it round though if trekking.

Oh yes most probably ! Just watched again the whole thing and yes as long as you have a vehicule to carry a big pan or what we call "une marmite" (nothing to do with Marmite LOL!) to make a stew it looks brillant . I was thinking of buying 4 or 5 (great for me to make the babies soups and just go for a nice walk with them without fearing to burn the house:RollEyes:) but did you see the delivery price for europe? and only max 3 items:whatthe: !!! So I am going to have a big thought about buying them and send them to someone in England who is supposed to visit me . Most would go to my family :my mum , my sister who is a very busy bee, my daughter... and may be JJ .... will wait to see what he thinks:RollEyes: . None for my son Yannick i know he won't have room for this in his rucksack (he would be very happy though to help people who need to have one!)

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Sounds like a brilliant idea I might have to get one and see how good it is :thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We have a Dream Pot, an Australian product. Does the same thing, great when not on hook up or on the move :) Jane
But it does not double as a hat :-(

These look good as well but at £94 are more expensive

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Just read an excellent article in the times about the wonderbag. A great way of slow cooking for wildcampers. Anybody got one? http://nb-wonderbag.com/
Good Morning, Yes we use a pressure cooker when we are out and about, make a out side fire and put the p cooker on and presto 20 mins later a full meal, ie chicken and veggies, cost of cooking =0 just one match, even cheap to run on the gas in the MH, you all have a great day cheers Alf.:thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Good Morning, Yes we use a pressure cooker when we are out and about, make a out side fire and put the p cooker on and presto 20 mins later a full meal, ie chicken and veggies, cost of cooking =0 just one match, even cheap to run on the gas in the MH, you all have a great day cheers Alf.:thumb:
A another One cooking on the move, from your exhaust manifold of your MH, its cheap and it works!, wev'e made warm sandwiches, hot meat and veggies, the list is endless just for the imgination, have good all as the sweds say´. Alf.:thumb:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I spent a stint of a few months in W Africa in 2003 & these were talked about as a way of avoiding wood fires in the open and in confined cookhouses (think small mud brick box about 8' x 8') Kids and adults breathing in woodsmoke for hours and the accidents involving burns (oil exploded all over over one child in the school--horrendous scarring, poor girl, and the 3 year old nephew of a teacher who was hauled out of a fire survived even though his burns turned septic--these sort of accidents must be multiplied all over the developing world)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
These look good as well but at £94 are more expensive

Hi there, I think I paid £55 for mine, at a show :ROFLMAO:, they come in two sizes, one stupidly tall and one family size (the one I bought). Even when on hook-up I regularly use it to cook rice as it does that so well. Can also be used as a cool box as that Wonderbag could be as well. Jane :Smile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi there, I think I paid £55 for mine, at a show :ROFLMAO:, they come in two sizes, one stupidly tall and one family size (the one I bought). Even when on hook-up I regularly use it to cook rice as it does that so well. Can also be used as a cool box as that Wonderbag could be as well. Jane :Smile:
Thankyou for that i will just keep on cooking out side with our PC, thats the pleasure of sweden and cooking out side , the cooker only cost 2pounds at a lopis been cooking with it for around 16years mostly out side, cheers Alf :thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I spent a stint of a few months in W Africa in 2003 & these were talked about as a way of avoiding wood fires in the open and in confined cookhouses (think small mud brick box about 8' x 8') Kids and adults breathing in woodsmoke for hours and the accidents involving burns (oil exploded all over over one child in the school--horrendous scarring, poor girl, and the 3 year old nephew of a teacher who was hauled out of a fire survived even though his burns turned septic--these sort of accidents must be multiplied all over the developing world)
Thanks will take a look, thats the beauty of scandinavia dont have cook in inclosed spaces, and the fire material is free and nature friendly, but like every where you have to be leval headed, about these things and keep children and pets at a safe distance, have it good cheers Alf:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
sure I saw these at a show on the stall that did Cobbs

I am sure I saw these on the stall that did Cobbs at one of the shows or something like it.

I use the cobb .. that is slow enough .. all the other BBQ units have finished when I am only half way done.. but hey what is the rush.

Bob

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Just bought a Wonderbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will see how I do with it, my colleague suggested that it could be used as a cat basket, or a spare seat for guests :Eeek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
I've just popped a pan of stew under the duvet in the spare room, hope it's ready for tomorrows dinner

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Maybe, maybe not but at least if you get kicked out of bed for f***ing or snoring you will have a warm bed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back