Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Apologise for what may seem a stupid question,but this is our first motorhome and bought privately with no instuction manual.The pic I have attached is our control panel and at the top is a rocker switch with a symbol of a car at the top and a caravan at the bottom,assume the bottom one is for the leisure battery and the top one the vehicle battery,is this correct?
and can I run the 12v electrics from either,on mains or not?Thanks:Smile:

Attachments

• 006 [800x600].jpg
    006 [800x600].jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 49

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi usually means the L/ batt is charging on caravan and switched to car will charge the engine battery --All when on Hook up :thumb: Check with a multi meter :winky: just because you have it showing does not mean the converter did it / wired it like that ::bigsmile:
terry

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Apologise for what may seem a stupid question,but this is our first motorhome and bought privately with no instuction manual.The pic I have attached is our control panel and at the top is a rocker switch with a symbol of a car at the top and a caravan at the bottom,assume the bottom one is for the leisure battery and the top one the vehicle battery,is this correct?
and can I run the 12v electrics from either,on mains or not?Thanks:Smile:

Yep and Yep
but don't run much off the vehicle battery cos they're a bugger to push start :roflmto:

cheers nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
By the way, the only daft question is the one not asked when you should have :thumb:

cheers nige

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if its fully wired then yes, you can charge (from your onboard charger) or use either battery.

in the centre position neither battery is connected but you may be able to still use 12v stuff direct from the charger (to its output limit).

only use the engine battery in emergency...or you may end up with a flat engine battery.

if you're on hookup you will be using the charger to power 12v stuff with the battery acting only as a secondary supply incase you exceed the chargers output.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back