MH overnight Sticker (Europe) (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
OK a wild card here...

My neighbor mentioned to me today that he thought in France (perhaps other countries) a sticker exists with a cost of around £50 (annual) that allows you to overnight in various places (mainly farms) with payment being "by mutual agreement" with the land owner.

Now I could of got the wrong end of the stick and that's not hard with my french language... but he was pretty sure that something like this exists (or did) and i wondered if anyone knew anything about it or did my neighbor smoke his rolled up snowdrops again ?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi might be thinking of France Passion you buy a book for about £30 and get a sticker for your window and you can then stay free at farms and other places like vineyards, normally all the owners ask is you have a look at their produce with no pressure to buy well at least we have never felt the need or pressure.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Sounds like France Passion to me.
Similar schemes operate in Spain, Italy and the UK to varying degrees.
Suggest you Google France Passion to get the basic idea then maybe look at Vicarious Books to see what you need to purchase.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Hi might be thinking of France Passion you buy a book for about £30 and get a sticker for your window and you can then stay free at farms and other places like vineyards, normally all the owners ask is you have a look at their produce with no pressure to buy well at least we have never felt the need or pressure.

That sounds like it, yes he mentioned vineyards as well, strange I forgot that..

Thanks

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
OK a wild card here...

My neighbor mentioned to me today that he thought in France (perhaps other countries) a sticker exists with a cost of around £50 (annual) that allows you to overnight in various places (mainly farms) with payment being "by mutual agreement" with the land owner.

Now I could of got the wrong end of the stick and that's not hard with my french language... but he was pretty sure that something like this exists (or did) and i wondered if anyone knew anything about it or did my neighbor smoke his rolled up snowdrops again ?

Sounds like France Passion. I don't know much about it as we've not joined, but I believe you join the club and this entitles you to stay without further charge at farms and vineyards and such who are signatories to the arrangement. You are sort of expected to have a look at their produce and buy something from them in return for a night stop.
There'll be somebody who knows more about it than me, I'm sure.

John

(Naturally a bunch of folks posted at the same time as I was typing. Thought I was the only one :))

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
No obligation to buy anything if you stay on a France Passion site but you probably will. Lots of fun meeting local wine/cheese/fruit producers and conversing in mangled 'Franglais'. We had a real gem of a stop on a prune farm in the Perigord last year.

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
France passion is the guide heres the link to purchase from uk agent,

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/France-Passion-2012.html

£24.99 this year. well worth every penny. just buy a couple of bottles of wine or a
little cheese, made welcome at every stop. your drinking and eating the cost of parking
doesnt get any better than that does it!
Broken Link Removed
used it last year along with the french aires guide also supplied by same
company

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Durrrrrr !!!!!

The only snag with France Passion is that they don't put co-ordinates of the sites on !:cry:
I wandered around aimlessly once looking for a certain site !...Passed a lovely aire whilst looking so I stayed on that !!!:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The only snag with France Passion is that they don't put co-ordinates of the sites on !:cry:

I made a Google map for France Passion, .. you can get the Co-ods from this but I cannot attest to the accuracy .. or if it is comprehensive.

Also download and use on sat navLink Removed

France Passion

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
I wandered around aimlessly once looking for a certain site !...Passed a lovely aire whilst looking so I stayed on that !!!:thumb:

All part of the fun and adventure of motorhoming I think, and by your example just shows you stumble across places you would not otherwise see.
:thumb:for us

regards
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back