Couple and young child - potential upgrade from tipi (1 Viewer)

mack10

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
chester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi Folks,

I have been a longtime camper since I was a child and own a Tentipi, probably not that much interest in them on here, but they are an absolutely fabulous tent.

However I have found that touring with a child in tow can become arduous, erecting and collapsing the ten everyday as well as unpacking and packing the car.

As such we are contemplating a VW T5 campervan. We are thinking of hiring one this summer and taking it to France and incorporating a stop at Eurodisney en route (though we may overnight in a hotel here).

Just looking for info on peoples experiences/suggested sites etc for France.

:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HI and welcome :thumb: trying before you buy is good :thumb:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. tipi very nice. I am glad you are thinking of trying before buying because I think you may find the T5 a bit small for the three of you. Children have this annoying habit of growing and like to spread toys etc around the place. Health , safety, and peace of mind will probably dictate a larger van. Good luck with your travels and when hiring do make sure you have the required equipment on board
Safety vests (one for each person aboard accessible without getting out of the van)
first aid kit
warning triangle
spare bulb kit
Breathalyser kit (recently introduced or about to)
Spare glasses if you wear them.

bound to be others I have forgotten.
have a good trip, any specific questions ask away and someone will reply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, France is a dream for motorhome's, if you are going out of season I would look into getting a ASCI card or camping cheque, would save you quite a bit on the cost of camp sites. Look into the aire's in France as well. enjoy :welcomefunster:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Folks,

I have been a longtime camper since I was a child and own a Tentipi, probably not that much interest in them on here, but they are an absolutely fabulous tent.

However I have found that touring with a child in tow can become arduous, erecting and collapsing the ten everyday as well as unpacking and packing the car.

As such we are contemplating a VW T5 campervan. We are thinking of hiring one this summer and taking it to France and incorporating a stop at Eurodisney en route (though we may overnight in a hotel here).

Just looking for info on peoples experiences/suggested sites etc for France.

:thumb:

Hi and welcome..

I've been a camper since my dad first took me as a baby .. 1950 .. and despite having owned many caravans and motorhomes, my lasting love has been camping.

Enjoy both, take the tent and you have the best of both worlds.. a small enough camper to go and park anywhere that can also be used for overnight stops.. and a tent for stopping for a few days ..

While full time living in our RV we packed up and took a 3 week camping break in Scotland.. I loved it.. despite the poor weather.. :thumb:

Only last year bought a new tent, Cabanon Pyramid.. this will be used in the summer.. or for long trips without the caravan in tow..

You can park and stay overnight in the Euro Disney car park..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back