Spanish 'smart' speed camera's (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just been researching something else on the web and came across this.....

don't know how well known this is but thought I'd post it as a warning..

Speed cameras are used in Spain to detect drivers exceeding the speed limit. As of August 2010, some cameras (on the AP-7 in Castellón, on the A-7 in Murcia, on the A-31 in Alicante and on the A-52 in Zamora) are equipped to alert the nearest traffic officer in the event a foreign-plated car is caught exceeding the speed limit. The officer receives a photo of the offending car and has the authority to pull the vehicle over and impose a large on-the-spot fine. If the fine is not paid the car may be immobilised. More such cameras are planned to be installed.

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011

Speed cameras are used in Spain to detect drivers exceeding the speed limit. As of August 2010, some cameras (on the AP-7 in Castellón, on the A-7 in Murcia, on the A-31 in Alicante and on the A-52 in Zamora) are equipped to alert the nearest traffic officer in the event a foreign-plated car is caught exceeding the speed limit. The officer receives a photo of the offending car and has the authority to pull the vehicle over and impose a large on-the-spot fine. If the fine is not paid the car may be immobilised. More such cameras are planned to be installed.
More likely to get a ticket for loitering,in the MH.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

Good job to, speeding is foreboden. :Eeek:

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Foriegn tourists are no longer welcome in Spain in their own cars, no problem Europe is a big place:thumb:

Wish it weren't but it's getting to be true! :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry... I'm being a bit slow tonight (no ticket for me then)... what's the problem?

People being fined for speeding?

What is wrong with that?

JJ :Cool:
nothing wrong with that JJ...if you knew you were.....but imagine your happily tootling down a spanish road minding your own business and Juan Sheet and his compadra's pull you over.

you'd wonder what the hell you'd done to get stopped....

"Senor, you were speeding !"

"No i wasn't"

"yes, you were Senor...through Castellon yesterday !"

forewarned is better than confused :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years