Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
My sis was on her way down from Scotland to Leeds in her 1995 hymer 2.5td. Just 1/2 mile from my house she phoned to say the gears would not engage. She turned the engine off and waited a few minutes then managed to select 1st and limped to my house.

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Shirl

S

stagman

Deleted User
My sis was on her way down from Scotland to Leeds in her 1995 hymer 2.5td. Just 1/2 mile from my house she phoned to say the gears would not engage. She turned the engine off and waited a few minutes then managed to select 1st and limped to my house.

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Shirl

Sounds like a clutch problem , is it a cable or hydraulic clutch , if cable has it broken if hydraulic check fluid level .:thumb:

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Sounds like a clutch problem , is it a cable or hydraulic clutch , if cable has it broken if hydraulic check fluid level .:thumb:

The cluth pedal is very high which was like that when she bought it a year ago. The manual says the clutch is self adjusting with mechanical linkage.

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
The cluth pedal is very high which was like that when she bought it a year ago. The manual says the clutch is self adjusting with mechanical linkage.

Shirl

Still sounds like clutch , have a look if something has come loose or broke put your hand behind the pedal see if anything has come off , take a look if the arm operating the clutch on the gearbox is moving when depressing the clutch , is it a fluid clutch check level or leakages :thumb:

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
We don't really do engine stuff! lol ..Will need to get someone to have a look at it...

Thanks for all your help

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Also look here for more information I do not know how relevant to your year as it says 87 onwards on one linkage drawing

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back