Free Member
Mar 9, 2012
Herts
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi

I've been keeping my eye out for a nice B544. Most seem to have a layout with once long sofa on one side and two double seats facing eachother over a table.

I've since seen a layout like the one below. Can anyone explain how you can sit in the right hand forward facing seat when there appears to be no legroom.

Broken Link Removed

Also, does this layout not have a table? Or is it that the rear facing double seat is moveable?

Cheers

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Similar arrangement in my Rapido. Theres a bit in the side facing seat that is removable giving somewhere for you feet to go when using this as a forward facing travel seat.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi

I've been keeping my eye out for a nice B544. Most seem to have a layout with once long sofa on one side and two double seats facing eachother over a table.

I've since seen a layout like the one below. Can anyone explain how you can sit in the right hand forward facing seat when there appears to be no legroom.

Broken Link Removed

Also, does this layout not have a table? Or is it that the rear facing double seat is moveable?

Cheers
A section of the side bench in front of the forward facing seats is removable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

bashdem

Free Member
Mar 9, 2012
Herts
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
OK, think I'll stick with the original layout - I prefer the double seats facing eachother over a table.

Many thanks for the prompt responses!! Cheers guys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We have a layout that is the same as this, there is no removable section in front of the right hand forward facing seat in our van as the area under the seat is full of fresh water tank, although bizarrely there is a full 3 point seatbelt for this seat. The other forward facing seat has a lap belt and there is a 3 point seat belt behind the drivers seat (our van is RHD).
As for the table it sits behind the drivers seat and in the picture is the pale worktop you can see. It is on a swinging arm and ours would have had an extension to make it big enough for 4 but the previous owner changed it.
I have wondered about the forward facing seat arrangement and can only assume that there are different options for the layout, there is enough room under the seat for the water tank to be slid forward and a removable section of seat to be included but in our van this isn't the case.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
If you need 4 traveling seats the 544 is OK but if you can manage with only 3 I have always thought the bar arrangement of the 584 (and the 694) to be the better layout. Any dinette is a compromise as the table has to fit in the gap between the seats to make the bed - I always want to 'pull my chair in under the table'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back