Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
We had a super time there, we drove up there late at night and parked up right in the middle of it ...what a lovely view we had when we woke up ::bigsmile: I have the photos on my profile.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Go in the museum.. Guess where the traction engine comes from ? Built in Thetford !
First time we went was many moons ago.. Walked in and thought. sod., 300 miles and I could have seen it at home !!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
We had a super time there, we drove up there late at night and parked up right in the middle of it ...what a lovely view we had when we woke up ::bigsmile: I have the photos on my profile.

So it was you I saw parked near this sign then :Smile:
Broken Link Removed
Knowing in my luck I'd have had half the cliff face embedded in my roof....C&CC site a few miles away for me...

PS....what's the traffic like in the night through the gorge? I was wondering what it would be like to use as an emergency stopover.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Are you goin cheese mountain climbing Martin hehehe bring us some back:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
So it was you I saw parked near this sign then :Smile:
Broken Link Removed
Knowing in my luck I'd have had half the cliff face embedded in my roof....C&CC site a few miles away for me...

PS....what's the traffic like in the night through the gorge? I was wondering what it would be like to use as an emergency stopover.

We got there about midnight so no traffic at all! We didn't park next to the cliff so no worries re falling rocks. There are a number of laybys up there....::bigsmile:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
never thought to overnight in one of the layby's up there when i've been to cheddar to visit friends, had a few nights up in the little car park up through priddy at deerleap, beautiful spot overlooking the tor and the levels and quiet too.
mind you......was up there a couple of years ago, turned in early for the night, only to be woken a little later by hordes of cars and people looking to see the meteor shower, at least we didn't miss it. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Lot's of street racers practice their Japanese style drifting up the Gorge too.

Just look at the skid marks on the road surface which is why we decided not to wild it.

This place - Link Removed is only a short trip away. It's a pretty decent and cheap (part of ACSI too) site with a cracking pub within walking distance. We did it a short while back with a trip to the Gorge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back