Travel Insurance (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2011
Stoney Stanton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
I am finding it increasingly difficult (because of my age - 66) to get competetive travel insurance quotes for longer than 30 days per single trip. Ideally I am looking for 60 days trip cover. Has anyone found any solutions:Sad::Blush:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I am finding it increasingly difficult (because of my age - 66) to get competetive travel insurance quotes for longer than 30 days per single trip. Ideally I am looking for 60 days trip cover. Has anyone found any solutions:Sad::Blush:

There isn't a solution. Just smile, look happy and pay up. I'm 66 and have the same problem.

Of course, you good just not bother with Insurance at all. I wonder how many folk do this.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We use insureandgo, but we a bit younger (though not that much)

On a related matter I found our Petplan insurance for Meg doesn't cover 3rd party risks abroad, only in UK, though vets bills are covered. We had to take out extra insurance with them for £1,000,000 cover, not cheap though, considering the human part of the party is covered for 3rd party risks for nothing by free camping carnet from ACSI.

We thought it worthwhile because although Meg is hardly likely to bite anyone there is always the possibility that she might jump up, being very friendly, and knock someone over.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We use insureandgo, but we a bit younger (though not that much)

On a related matter I found our Petplan insurance for Meg doesn't cover 3rd party risks abroad, only in UK, though vets bills are covered. We had to take out extra insurance with them for £1,000,000 cover, not cheap though, considering the human part of the party is covered for 3rd party risks for nothing by free camping carnet from ACSI.

We thought it worthwhile because although Meg is hardly likely to bite anyone there is always the possibility that she might jump up, being very friendly, and knock someone over.
That Petplan Insurance is a serious rip off. We have changed from them to Equine and Livestock. The premiums are much lower. Ironically we have never made a claim for any of our dogs. As soon as we moved to Equine and Livestock our dog Cassie had a major emergency operation which saved her life. E&L were great throughout.
Jim

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
That Petplan Insurance is a serious rip off. We have changed from them to Equine and Livestock. The premiums are much lower. Ironically we have never made a claim for any of our dogs. As soon as we moved to Equine and Livestock our dog Cassie had a major emergency operation which saved her life. E&L were great throughout.
Jim

We will certainly shop around when it comes up for renewal in October

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We will certainly shop around when it comes up for renewal in October
Be aware that if you do change insurers any ongoing illness or injury wont be covered any more. We found this years ago when our dog at the time broke his hip. we obviously claimed the £2000 odd for the vets fees. Next year the premium renewal virtually doubled. On checking around, all the other insurers would restrict cover and refuse any claim that was in any way connected to that leg

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Over 65 Travel Insurance

Both my wife and I are 66 old and have an anual travel insurance with Natoinwide for £80. This includes some pre-existing medical conditions like high blood pressure. Its only 30 days per trip but this can be extended to 45 or 60 days for an extra premium. Have'nt had a claim yet so don't know how good they are. Hope this helps.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Our bank, HSBC (I know there ***t) give 30 days European health Insurance. Use that 30 days and top up with an Insurance Company.

Check with your bank. In addition check your Card Companies. Were not with AMEX anymore but they gave complimentary health/Insurance.
Jim

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
health insurance

:Cool:We have just returned from Spain where we over-winter from October to March and because of a heart attack 2 years ago we just went with fingers crossed!
All the quotes I received before we left last year were in the region of 4-500 pounds.

We have our E111 and a good hospital at El Elijido near Almerimar, so take our chances that we are ok.

Even the German ADAC insurance is only for 60 days so not long enough to cover the length of stay we need. Most of the other campers I spoke to this year also take a chance.:cry::winky:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We use Columbus Direct

http://www.columbusdirect.com/products/discounted-annual-travel-insurance.html?

Used them for our extended trip in the States and we have 145 days cover for this winter trip in Europe.

You can find out how much it is when you complete their on-line forms.

We are slightly younger than you but have pre-existing medical problems and we have found them to be reasonable (well they are to us, for that extra peace of mind).

Nigel and Pamala

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Columbus are reckoned to be very good but if you mention the words either Depression or Anxiety, they won't touch you with the proverbial bargepole - but PHYSICAL conditions and age (ISTR it is up to 75, not sure now) they are 100% fine with.

Ours is via our bank account too - Lloyd's Bank and it's insured with AXA. Unless they've changed it since I had to claim when we went to Oz.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back