Animal / Site sitting anyone? (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
anyone fancy animal/site sitting last week in Aprill and first two in May, keep an eye on the horses/cows, feed and exercise 2 dogs, water greenhouse plants. The campsite will be open and if you get anyone in you are welcome to the fees. Birthday bash to 2 nd week in May if you like or move the 3 weeks forward to 3rd week in may we are flexible and not booked a crossing yet.

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello wildman that is my all time favourite job ?? would love to have a farm with kennels and live stock ?? would say yes now so you could book your ferry ?? but not sorted a motorhome out yet :Doh: ?? dogmanlpool

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
There is water and waste disposal but no electric so you would be reliant on a genny or solar. We do have a 2 berth caravan that could be used as long as you can keep the battery charged. I would like to get a couple of funsters down to share the job not that there is much work involved, more a case of someone being around don't get the wrong idea though, no wages are involved, sorry. Just free camping in an area of outstanding natural beauty in north Devon, only a few miles from wonderful beaches and clifftop walks. The site is not overlooked so is quiet and peacefull.
If your self build needs help to finish it maybe I can help out there. Might even have some bits lying around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Time for a bump :winky: Come on you lot he forgot to say you can have as many wild rabbits you can shoot as well ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
No one want to come to Devon then. Keep this up and I'll have to give up motorhoming altogether:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Wildman

We would be interested in helping out, but we don't have solar or a generator. We are in Portugal, returning to Devon on 25th April. We are based in Tavistock during the summer. No problem looking after the animals and the plants. Maybe we could share the duties with another funster who has a genny?

We could be available the week after we return if that helps. PM me if you want any further info or discussion.

Karen and Paul.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi Wildman

We would be interested in helping out, but we don't have solar or a generator. We are in Portugal, returning to Devon on 25th April. We are based in Tavistock during the summer. No problem looking after the animals and the plants. Maybe we could share the duties with another funster who has a genny?

We could be available the week after we return if that helps. PM me if you want any further info or discussion.

Karen and Paul.

I've got a cheap chinese genny surplus to requirements if you want to put in a modest offer.

Exactly like this one. Quite noisy but as Wildman says, he is not overlooked.

Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Forgot to mention, we are going to be at Wildmans beginning of April and again for the Birthday bash so could deliver if you're interested.

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Thanks Really retired.

Excuse my ignorance of these matters but what size genny would we need to keep the batteries topped up.

We can power most things in the van via 12volt or an inverter, the microwave is an exception and the tv speakers. We could get by without these.

Would an 850watt genny be able to boost the batteries effectively. I am thinking about in other situations, like an aire or a show for example, when a noisy genny running for ages might upset the neighbours.

A 2kw Honda seems to be the preferred option judging by what I have read on the forums but of course they are expensive, especially if you only use them a few times a year.

Karen

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Thanks Really retired.

Excuse my ignorance of these matters but what size genny would we need to keep the batteries topped up.

We can power most things in the van via 12volt or an inverter, the microwave is an exception and the tv speakers. We could get by without these.

Would an 850watt genny be able to boost the batteries effectively. I am thinking about in other situations, like an aire or a show for example, when a noisy genny running for ages might upset the neighbours.

A 2kw Honda seems to be the preferred option judging by what I have read on the forums but of course they are expensive, especially if you only use them a few times a year.

Karen

Most chargers on Motorhomes are around 15A so on mains would use only around 1-2 Amps (250-500w) so a little generator will be plenty enough for battery charging and could run your fridge at the same time (100-150w). You only need a larger one to run microwaves, hairdryers and so on. A large genny will not charge your batteries any quicker as they will still use the same charger. Although I say it is noisy, it's not that bad, but louder than a Honda (Probably quieter than a Kipor :roflmto:).
With this type of non-inverter genny it is important to start it and let it run for a minute before plugging in your mains lead as you can theoretically get a mains spike when it is started. There is a spike filter plugged in to it which I can chuck in FOC (as I don't think I paid for it in the first place.) It hasn't been used more than a couple of times, as I have loads of solar and don't need it. You could have it for say £30 delivered to chez Wildman as its not doing anything except taking up space in my shed.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
HiYa Roger and Sue !! I will still be in France in May !!
Where are you planning to go ? We could have a mini-meet !! Perhaps Holly berry might like to come as well !....Stephen !:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
HiYa Roger and Sue !! I will still be in France in May !!
Where are you planning to go ? We could have a mini-meet !! Perhaps Holly berry might like to come as well !....Stephen !:thumb:
hi Steve, we are going to be over on 1st May returning 19th May. the plan is currently to go to Bruges, then Antwerp for some family history research, after that possibly Holland and/or Germany then back to France so will be in Northern France this time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back