New 6X6 camper for under £12000 (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Am no good at links so anyone interested will have to look on ebay at ebay no 280823255981. A new fully fitted 6X6 overland camper for £11750.
Built to your own specifications. Now that's cheap.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Am no good at links so anyone interested will have to look on ebay at ebay no 280823255981. A new fully fitted 6X6 overland camper for £11750.
Built to your own specifications. Now that's cheap.

yes, that is cheap .. a serious bit of kit .. :thumb:

here's the link Dave Link Removed

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Fair play were its due. That Russian guy has serious entrepreneurial skills.
That thing is certainly very very cheap for what it is. If you put an extra £5 on having all the bells and whistles on it you would have something that would last a lifetime and go anywhere without worrying about campsites.
It even comes with 2 handheld radios.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
plus fitting out to your spec, plus vat, plus import duty, plus registration fee and plates, plus shipping.......the price is going up :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there seems to be a continual flowof them and urals been going through ebay lately . one of the eastern block trucks runs MAN running gear . seen several in maroc .one with the MAN gear is a gegular tourist. even get a few rhober buses going down . deta a german as a beaut.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The way I read it they were kited out to there spec, but even if you wanted something different they will oblige.
I have no idea what the base vehicle would have cost to build but I am sure it was a lora lora rubles.
Am sure it wouldn't cost a fortune to get the extras we take for granted fitted.
Regarding import duties......Why bother, pick the thing up and keep going east till you eventually arrive back in the UK a few years later, by then its second hand and less duty to pay. A win win situation.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
heres one of the robur (cant spell it)and one of an ifa . they have the MAN running gear . both these are regular maroc goers.

Attachments

• P2130338.jpg
    P2130338.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Morocco 2008-2009 082.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 082.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 35

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It must be me being paranoid, but I certainly would not be paying a sizable deposit up front for a vehicle "being built" in another country like Russia without seeing it first, driving it and seeing their work first hand. I would also need an enforcable contract

This could after all be the new version of the "russian brides" scam. You pay a large deposit, receive update photos of "a truck" being built, but not neccesarily yours or taken that day. After a while its another message saying they need another payment for materials, then another. Eventually they say its all done, send money for shipping and handling. You of course pay as it looks great in the photos. But then you cant reach them by phone or post again. You panic something is wrong and fly out to Russia and visit the address, Vladimir he no live here any more, he gone and owe us money. You owe Vladimir, so you pay us. Of course its the guy that has been pretending to be Vladimir at the door, but how could you proove that? :Eeek:

you might even bump into the 10 other people who were having the same truck built whilst in Russia. At least you would have something in common to chat about at the police station wholst waiting to give a statement

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you just go over there its an every day happening in the overland world.many germans go there to get work done . but the have to pay tax on work done abroad. many other countries arent as crooked as here . lots are having trucks built over seas . i say you can get it done here but the grass is greener somewhere else . many have overland boxes made in germany etc . i reckon its cheaper here but they dont listen. but the gaz, ifa,zil etc are cheap. there was a problem with some of them having aluminium wiring that kept breaking but these days they rip that out and use copper. there lots of good trucks out there we never see here .its another world out there.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I would love to get something like this with a blank box on the back (just the entry door. Then convert it myself as I want it....

With it being so high underslung storage for tanks etc would be nice and easy.

Not sure about the mpg though?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi grommet google action mobil in austria .or grand erg in milan. these make the one seem like a freeby.
you will have to get about more .loads of trucks out there come down here there are a few around here. just brought a dodge rb44 for a mate, waiting his return from over there with dave .that could suit you. we also use prison trucks they make great overlanders . very secure .we hope .ha ha .
uk is behind in this sort of vehicle but getting there slowly. think jamie olivers latest series will start a phase. he as got the right idea . he,s learning quick.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I am just a little intrigued by the description. It starts off saying its brand new then says they take a "little used" Russian Zil radio truck......... so which is it, brand new or second hand?

D.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I would love to get something like this with a blank box on the back (just the entry door. Then convert it myself as I want it....

With it being so high underslung storage for tanks etc would be nice and easy.

Not sure about the mpg though?

About 2-6 IIRC. Can go down to 1/2.

I knew a lad that bought one years ago, he was one of those whose buys sual things on ebay!! - didn't keep it long due to the size and all his neighbours complaining!

They are BIG Very, very big! The bottom measured nine feet from the ground, so you need to stand on the truck to open or close the lid.

It was NEW - Although these were built in the cold war for the russians, by the poles. They were left in storage, in huge warehouses and have never been used.....for the last 7 years or so they have been slowly clearing them.

We hven't grabbed too many of them, due to our fuel prices, but other coubtries have embraced them. Most of them are around the Tibet area, were they sre ideal for the climate as they have two engines, a petrol and and multifuel diesel. The petrol keeps the diesel one warm overnight (for arctic conditions). This is were the irony kicks in , as they have them prepared for those conditios.....yet the interior of the cab is bare steel, with no insulation for the occupants!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
they have two engines, a petrol and and multifuel diesel. The petrol keeps the diesel one warm overnight (for arctic conditions). This is were the irony kicks in , as they have them prepared for those conditios.....yet the interior of the cab is bare steel, with no insulation for the occupants!

According to the listing they have changed the engine.....

a new MMZ turbodiesel engine (installed at the factory here in Minsk with a two year warranty,

-4-cylinder 4.75L turbo-diesel
-fuel consumption about 18-20l/100km
-123hp, 422Nm
-EURO III

if my maths are correct that's about 12 - 14mpg ?

however, seems a bit optimistic.. more likely less than 10mpg

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Mr immaculate driveway and clean car man next door to me, would just love to have that parked outside his house :ROFLMAO:
And-- if he moaned--i would explain that it still is fully equipped with all missile launching gear :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That add ran about two weeks after xmas ?Beware :winky: but must admit you would have a go anywhere life time camper for not a lot of money - would be easy to keep updating the inside
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back