Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
8 mths
Hi does anybody know if there is a discount for disabeld motorhome travelers on French motorways. Thanks Dave

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
eh? why should a disabled driver get discount off a road toll?
I dont see a reason for that.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I think there is supposed to be but many of the tolls are automatic now, fewer people more machines, and no idea how they would identify a disabled driver.

Where there is a manned (or wommaned!!) booth you could wave a blue badge and ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
More discussion here

Broken Link Removed

Quote from French links, (Goggle translated)

Vehicles equipped (class 2) for transporting disabled people benefit from the rate of Class 1 . To qualify for this downgrade:
- borrow a track with publican
- in stations automatically, call support by using the intercom.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
I had a feeling there was something, however looking at the Broken Link Removed I cannot see anything other than a list of suitable facilities.

Steve

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I had a feeling there was something, however looking at the Broken Link Removed I cannot see anything other than a list of suitable facilities.

Steve

try this link

Broken Link Removed

near the bottom

Les véhicules aménagés (classe 2) pour le transport des personnes handicapées bénéficient du tarif de la classe 1. Pour bénéficier de ce déclassement:
- empruntez une voie avec péager
- dans les gares automatiques, appelez l’assistance en vous servant de l’interphone.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
there s a discount but

There is a discount.. it takes class 2 down to a class 1 on cars.. i.e high topped cars and vans for disabled to a car rate.. blue badge has to be shown.. but is not available on motorhomes.

I prefer to travel via the National routes most of the time.. see more of the country and if not the rush hour then it is just as fast and a lot cheaper then toll roads.

Bob

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Good old Google-translate! 'Borrow a track with publican' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(choose a lane with a manned/womanned paybooth)

:roflmto:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
When we travelled up from the south of France last sept,I programmed the sat nav to avoid motorways and tolls,so glad we did,travelled on some really scenic roads,the journey was a pleasure instead of an ordeal,and we saved loads,earlier in the holiday we travelled from montpellier to st tropez using the toll roads and spent as much in tolls as we did on diesel.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Dont understand the reasoning.
A vehicle is a vehicle, a toll is a toll.
Anyone enlighten me as to why there should be a discount?
Blue card is about parking, not tolls, surely?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Dont understand the reasoning.
A vehicle is a vehicle, a toll is a toll.
Anyone enlighten me as to why there should be a discount?
Blue card is about parking, not tolls, surely?

Don't understand it either John, I presume the reason is that they depend on their car to get about .. but that doesn't explain the M6 Toll..

In saying that, I don't begrudge a disabled person from getting concessions whether it be parking fees, tolls, or VED ..

Toll concessions for disabled people in the UK
Link Removed

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Seven bridge gives free tolls to blue badge holders!! i must admit i see the logic and benefits of Blue badge holder dedicated access, dedicated parking , toilets, Mobility allowance etc etc. but i cannot for the life of me see the logic in free bridge tolls, free parking that has no check on the individuals ability to pay.

two of my best mates are blue badge holders for very good reasons and they dont understand the free parking and free tolls either.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
There is a discount.. it takes class 2 down to a class 1 on cars.. i.e high topped cars and vans for disabled to a car rate.. blue badge has to be shown.. but is not available on motorhomes.

I prefer to travel via the National routes most of the time.. see more of the country and if not the rush hour then it is just as fast and a lot cheaper then toll roads.

Bob

You are wrong there Bob. Went to Spain in January and returned last week, my wife has a disabled blue badge and the only time the reduction to Class 1 was declined was on the short sections just before Spanish border on the way down and after the border on the way back, perhaps because each of those tolls is only a few euros.

Just make sure you go to the manned booth, there is normally at least one, or you can press the button to talk to someone, explain you are in a camping car and would like Class 1 rate.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back