Patroy

Free Member
Jan 18, 2012
Crewkerne
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Not sure this is in the right area but would welcome people's thoughts on a mh we really like (although we have to test drive it).

It is the Bessacarr E760, a 2004 model. It has been up for sale since we first started looking and other makes and models have been sold but this one still remains. Is there something wrong with this model? :thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Not sure this is in the right area but would welcome people's thoughts on a mh we really like (although we have to test drive it).

It is the Bessacarr E760, a 2004 model. It has been up for sale since we first started looking and other makes and models have been sold but this one still remains. Is there something wrong with this model? :thumb:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the model generally.....maybe it hasn't sold for reasons of condition or overpricing.

Does it have a full service & habitation record?

Have a damp check carried out before making any decision.

Brian

PS Just noticed you have used up your free posts....I should get yourself signed-up, it will be the best tenner you spend on motorhoming and will save you many times over.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We looked at the E760 and the Swift Bolero 680FB when we were convinced it was the layout for us. My only concern was the build quality but as far as I know there is nothing glaringly bad about the E760.
If it were me I would Test Drive including reversing uphill and check everything works - especially the lounge double (I have had problems with the Swift bed before) and look for velcro holding bits together (particularly cab visors and drop down reversing screens if fitted)
Also if it has the cab blinds fitted check visibility when driving, because I am quite tall I found I was stooping slightly when driving as the tracks for the blind reduce visibilty slightly (main reason we have ended up with an A Class).

Having said that I have never owned one, but would have bought one if we had found one in better condition than those we looked at.
Happy hunting.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
This is one of the Swift models that some owners have reported serious damp problems, ( rotting away) particularly around the floor .. try a Google .. "Bessacarr damp problems"

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back