Fuel highest cost on record today (2 Viewers)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having run Yanks of some sort for most of my life.

I allways used to say....... "We got em so we gota run em".

But now I am pleased to say........ "You got em so you gota to run em".

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It`s not so much about it goin up, you just got less for your tenner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's a major consideration now though Isn't it?

Over £6 a gallon:whatthe:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I see fuel has hit the highest price so far.. nearest high was last May....

Bob

it hurts .. a lot, and will curtail my travelling. :Sad:

This year it will be the UK for the main break.. going to Wales.. No bad thing, it's a great part of the UK. must be 20 years since I last visited.. :Blush:

Booked a lovely CL on the Gower for two weeks in July .. £11 per night with EHU .. last time we were there Paul was only a wee boy.. now he's married with his own lad.. :Smile:

looking forward to it a lot.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's a major consideration now though Isn't it?

Over £6 a gallon:whatthe:

Sadly its been over £6 a gallon for quite a while now........it was when it hit £1.33 it was there............

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

This year it will be the UK for the main break.. going to Wales.. No bad thing, it's a great part of the UK. must be 20 years since I last visited.. :Blush:

Booked a lovely CL on the Gower for two weeks in July .. £11 per night with EHU .. last time we were there Paul was only a wee boy.. now he's married with his own lad.. :Smile:

Jim, waste some diesel and get down to South Pembrokeshire when you are there. Knocks the socks off the Gower in my ( biased) view. About 40 ish miles west.:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sadly its been over £6 a gallon for quite a while now........it was when it hit £1.33 it was there............

Indeed , closer to £6.50.

Some Funsters though ( I wont name names) have been getting it cheap.

Well, they thought they were cos they thought there were less litres to a gallon than there actually are :Eeek::Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim, waste some diesel and get down to South Pembrokeshire when you are there. Knocks the socks off the Gower in my ( biased) view. About 40 ish miles west.:thumb:

Yes, Pembroke is great, have spent a few holidays there.. It's not off the itinerary as we have several weeks .. Gower is just the first stop.. much depends on the weather and of course funds..

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Nikki and I have just been looking at the CC rallies for Cheshire, all on our doorstep, many I can go to work from if im working the weekend and saving a fortune, a little as £12 for the weekend, and of course all with in a 50 mile round trip.

Sadly the price of fuel has made us think very hard and meant we had to knock Whitby on the head.

However, priced in to a family Holiday, I can still justify motorhoming as on the whole, it means an extra £100 ish on a holiday trip to say France, but, still much cheaper than a package deal and far more fun.:Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Well, they thought they were cos they thought there were less litres to a gallon than there actually are :Eeek::Doh:

Buttons is not one of them is he?:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Buttons is not one of them is he?:ROFLMAO:

No. Buttons is more extreme.

1.5 litres to the gallon::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Nikki and I have just been looking at the CC rallies for Cheshire, all on our doorstep, many I can go to work from if im working the weekend and saving a fortune, a little as £12 for the weekend, and of course all with in a 50 mile round trip.

Sadly the price of fuel has made us think very hard and meant we had to knock Whitby on the head.

However, priced in to a family Holiday, I can still justify motorhoming as on the whole, it means an extra £100 ish on a holiday trip to say France, but, still much cheaper than a package deal and far more fun.:Smile:

I agree.

It is a consideration though.

I am off to Northern Spain on 3rd April. Ferry both ways with Commodore cabin, and apartment in Spain for 7 nights with sea view. Cost about £1100.

Last Easter went in van to same area for 2 days longer and cost £1350.

Bonus is we have a car this year.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp

We went to a CL called Mewslade on the Gower last year and what a beautiful place it is. I just can't describe the view down to the beach and have told my family I want to be scattered there (not too soon of course). Have a lovely time. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
It's scandalous that we are now paying more for petrol than pretty much everyone else in Europe. Here's the list:

More than even the likes of Sweden where it is currently 1.39 euros.

It is nothing short of a major tax these days. I'm baffled as to why we have to pay so much more tax here than everywhere else. What have we done wrong over the last two decades to end up in such a mess :-(

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We pay a different amount of tax here because our tax regime is different. There would soon be plenty of people howling if we had taxes imposed by the EU rather than being set at Westminster.

Bear in mind, also, that recent price increases are nothing to do with the government and taxation. As pointed out on radio this morning, if the current government policies had not been implemented the cost would be 10p a litre higher. If we are suddenly nearer the top of the "high price league" than before then that is down to imposition of price increases by the suppliers, not the government.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Never been on a package holiday, couldn't justify the cost. Now it seems motorhoming is going in the same direction, never have I been so glad that the end of my life is much nearer than the beginning. I really do feel as though I am unable to live a decent life at todays prices. I have not been worse for drink more than once since I was 18, I intend to rectify that at my retirement bash with my home made wine. following that we will (assuming we can find site/animal sitters) head to France/Belgium for our final trip abroad. The motorhome will then be relegated to being used as a country cottage on the smallholding and short local runs. The end of the world is nigh.:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
certainly it is not easy to keep a motorhome on the road these days

Never been on a package holiday, couldn't justify the cost. Now it seems motorhoming is going in the same direction, never have I been so glad that the end of my life is much nearer than the beginning. I really do feel as though I am unable to live a decent life at todays prices. I have not been worse for drink more than once since I was 18, I intend to rectify that at my retirement bash with my home made wine. following that we will (assuming we can find site/animal sitters) head to France/Belgium for our final trip abroad. The motorhome will then be relegated to being used as a country cottage on the smallholding and short local runs. The end of the world is nigh.:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

I can relate to the issues you mention Roger. Life was a lot easier a few years back. I do watch what we spend now and that is not just on our motorhome but in general.

We take one season at a time.. it is much more health than wealth that worries me.. the old bones do not want to do what the brain commands ... so a day at a time.

Hope you get a sitter for the animals so you can head South.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back