RAC strange discounts (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have just joined up with the CCC because i am 55 and was lured in with discounts.
I have just looked at joining the RAC through the CCC site and it quoted £77.
I then went direct to the RAC site --same boxes to tick,same cover £69.99 !
I thought the idea of going through a club was to save money NOT cost me more?:Eeek:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
We have been with the RAC for over 30 years and when my motorhome broke own they refused to recover it as it was over 18ft long....(they won't recover over 18ft long and over 3.5t ) We found out (not from the RAC ) that if we joined the C&CC then we get the arrivals foc on my RAC membership. Pity the RAC did not offer that option on their wesite. Now covered for recovery.....

Shirl

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
We have been with the RAC for over 30 years and when my motorhome broke own they refused to recover it as it was over 18ft long....(they won't recover over 18ft long and over 3.5t ) We found out (not from the RAC ) that if we joined the C&CC then we get the arrivals foc on my RAC membership. Pity the RAC did not offer that option on their wesite. Now covered for recovery.....

Shirl

We have a Hymer 7.1m (24ft) long and MGW of 4600kg. We have been recoved twice by RAC commercial once in the lakes and the last time in Italy.

We have Comfort Insurance which includes the breakdown cover.

I have found the same as the OP but with ferry bookings. It is always cheaper to book direct than go through a club.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back