LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
does anyone have any advice on a mclouis motorhome i have seen a few of these for sale
but i have never heard of them so any adice will be helpful

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They are an Italian motorhome built to a budget. In the ones I've seen the build quality has been great and shows how much money some of the "names" in the industry mark up their motorhomes. :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thanks so like all things names dont mean everything apart from price

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We had a look at a couple when we where buying ours and must say apart from one (ex rental) they where all good looking vans and you see loads of them over the water.

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
does anyone have any advice on a mclouis motorhome i have seen a few of these for sale

We had one for 3 years from new 2008 year very good, would I buy a McLouis again "YES"...most certainly would....mine was no trouble except for a on board battery charger had to be replaced..(many other motorhomes in the UK and Europe had the same problem that year 2008 was bad batch of chargers).and yes they are Italian build, well specked items as standard not extras like on your mid to top range of motorhomes .oven, large fridge, freezer, fly screen, large roof light with extractor in and out fan...the quality of ours would put a lot of the mid range motorhomes to shame...only changed because of the bed arrangement (did not suit and decided on a Island bed)...you say you have not seen many McLouis, ....well over here in France...there are a lot off them:thumb:
Not many UK or European Motorhomes can say, they have had "No Problems from New"...budget Van they are not:cry:......far better than a lot of (if not most ) of UK build vans on the market:Doh:

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
A friend of ours had a 363 on a 53 plate. Suffered dreadfully from water ingress in the roof.

It was a low profile model and it was the join between the overcab pod and the caravan roof that was the problem. It had an aluminium strip over the join with sealant underneath which was not sealing it must have been leaking for some time as the whole of the roof needed replacing.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thx everyone for all your help but we have now bought a 2007 carioca 694 so just itchin to get my 1st trip in

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
thx everyone for all your help but we have now bought a 2007 carioca 694 so just itchin to get my 1st trip in

Best of luck have fun , and let us know how you get on :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Janele

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

Have a look at the new Nevis. Its an A class. Im trying to find one in the flesh to have a good look at as it looks very interesting!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back