Site wanted peak district please. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Sorry should have given you guys a rough idea of the area wanted. I am told by my " boss" that Castleton or Hope Valley area would be good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Coopers Farm in Edale is one of our favourites - If you like walking it's perfect for Kinder Scout! It's the start ( or end) of The Pennine Way.
Also can get bus or long walk to Castleton. Walk one way - bus back :winky:
Railway station in Edale for trains to Manchester too.:thumb: ( I'm a Manc!:winky::winky:)

Our base camp in the summer is Windy Harbour Farm Hotel in Glossop - we love it! :winky:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
The last time we went to Laneside caravan site they charged for everything they could, dogs and there was no dog walk, extra cos it was a bank hoilday, couldnt stay for less than 3 days, awnings, parked us at the side of sewage farm, then allowed a tent literally 3 ft from our door and extra for the car and overall the trip was very expensive.

A better bet is Hardhurst Farm on the cross roads just further down the road about 300/400 yards up the side road behind a pub, they do a mean breakfast in the cafe attached to the site.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
C C club site at Castleton is just a short walk to Castleton.

C & C C site at Hayfield small but at the base of Kinder Scout, great walking country where I spent a lot of time in my youth (yes I do remember it) :RollEyes:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
C & C C site at Hayfield small but at the base of Kinder Scout, great walking country where I spent a lot of time in my youth (yes I do remember it) :RollEyes:

I remember those days - hiking up Kinder Scout! Getting caught out in snow and wind and fog! We used to stagger back down to Hayfield after a 10 mile hike and collapse in the chippy!
Those were the days when Hayfield had a railway station and we could get the train from Manchester - great days!:winky:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I remember those days - hiking up Kinder Scout! Getting caught out in snow and wind and fog! We used to stagger back down to Hayfield after a 10 mile hike and collapse in the chippy!
Those were the days when Hayfield had a railway station and we could get the train from Manchester - great days!:winky:

Bloody hell Marie, I you sure we didn't know each other then. :Eeek:

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Thank you very much for all your help, I am sure we will be able to find a site now.

We will be on our way from Spain, through France and on to England, so plenty more sites to find.:Smile:

Thanks again

Chris65

Free Member
Oct 4, 2011
Castleford, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Newbie from 11/11/11
We stayed at

Beech Croft Farm
Blackwell-in-the-Peak
Nr Buxton
Derbyshire
SK17 9TQ

over new year and it was a lovely site. We joined the Monsal Trial from the site and walked into Bakewell on new years eve. Went had a few drinks and then caught a bus back to the site, it drops off at the site gates. They had tv arial on the hook up and the shower block was as nice as any CC site. We will definately go back. :thumb:

ravman

Free Member
Jan 23, 2012
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
3 years
Peak District sites

Hi
We just spent a few days at 'castleon' (was Losehill) caravan club site. It's right on edge of village so plenty of walking without moving van.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Depends what you want but you can stay at Buxworth Basin by the Navigation Inn, give the landlady a call first out of courtesy (no facilities though).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back