Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi,
Looking to get my 2002 Hymer undersealed, found this company in Morpeth Broken Link Removed
I wonder if any of our members have used them, or reports.?
Their web site seems very Pro. and its not a bad distance to travel for me in the North.
Best Regards Mac

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Mac

We are considering attacking ours with the Waxoil at some point. We like it so much, we want it to last!

Not had any experience of who you mention Coldstreamer, but i'm sure they'll do a GLEAMING job!

-Jon

Ex 1CLDM GDS LAD REME.:thumb:

OP
OP
coldstreamer
Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Buttons in Two's

Hi Jon,
Nice to see a Nuli Secundus on the Board, I was I Coy, Ist, many many years ago, but still manage to get to Blk-Wkend.
Best Regards, Stay Safe, Mac

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Waxoyl is a superb product, which when applied properly will save you money and heartache later. The process isnt high tech, so even an amature could do it in a couple of hours. It can however be messy, as the waxoyl is sprayed on using a hand pumped cylinder (diy) or a compressor fed spray lance. Have done it myself on previous motorhomes and new cars.

Anyway, the company website looks good and I like the idea of free annual inspections and top ups. Cost wise, I guess your paying for convenience as the product used will cost under £50 for a motorhome

one bit of advice is dont sleep in the van for a good few days after waxoyling, as it stinks and gives you a headache. Speaking from personal experience there

OP
OP
coldstreamer
Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Thanks Big Yin,
Access is my problem for DIY, although I have the van parked on my own rear drive, access is tight. I was most concerned about sea air and its corrosive effect, living very close to the North Sea takes its toll on all our transport. I take your point about fumes, the company also stress this.
It appears getting booked in the spring is a problem, they only do one job each day. Did you also notice from their Site, its VAT free due to the way the company is registered. I think I'm going to 'Bite The Bullet' and get in done.
Best Regards, Mac

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just one point, they say they are a small company and hence VAT free, 20% saving etc.

Of course not being VAT registered means they cannot claim back any VAT on product so they are charging you their product costs including the VAT that they can't claim back so it isn't quite as good as it may first appear.

I do rate the product though.......excellent........Griff

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Mac
please post a feed back about this outfit after you had yours done I am interested in having mine done also.
regards

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Jon,
Nice to see a Nuli Secundus on the Board, I was I Coy, Ist, many many years ago, but still manage to get to Blk-Wkend.
Best Regards, Stay Safe, Mac
and hi from another 1st coldm gds 2coy/ signals pltn :thumb:

OP
OP
coldstreamer
Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
BMB1,
This is great, another half-doz and we could do a 'Buck' or at least a 'Jimmies'. I'm also 1st. Pioneers and 1Coy. a 'Boro' Boy, V/P of the Association, and Web Master.
Two other 'Brothers' with Campers from Hull are also Members.
Nulli Secundus, Mac

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
BMB1,
This is great, another half-doz and we could do a 'Buck' or at least a 'Jimmies'. I'm also 1st. Pioneers and 1Coy. a 'Boro' Boy, V/P of the Association, and Web Master.
Two other 'Brothers' with Campers from Hull are also Members.
Nulli Secundus, Mac
Pull up a sand bag and swing the lamp boys. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock (ex Brylcreem Boy) :winky:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Hi,
Looking to get my 2002 Hymer undersealed, found this company in Morpeth Broken Link Removed
I wonder if any of our members have used them, or reports.?
Their web site seems very Pro. and its not a bad distance to travel for me in the North.
Best Regards Mac

Thanks for the heads up on that Coldstreamer. We had our chassis rear extension welded last autumn and were looking at places to get the whole vehicle underside waxoiled. The repaired section was treated with black underseal made by Waxoil as was our gas tank at Autogas2000.

I know it can be done DIY, but at our age we don't want to be doing that. I am sure the owners of the sites we use would not welcome us messing up their pitch with waxoil.

We looked at a couple of firms in MMM but they are in the deep south. Which is a long way from the North East.

In the late 70s a friend set up doing waxoils in county Durham but no longer is in that business.

John

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Ive used Waxoyl on many old VW`s in the past and found it to be a very good product.Ive always done the job myself,just buy some plastic sheeting to protect your driveway,a boiler suit ,protective goggles,pair of marigolds and an old bobble hat.Your`ll still be ££££££ in if you throw it all away after.Just to make life easier warm the Waxol and use the clear Waxoly as you can see if anything is going on ,Rust.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back