Elektroblock EBL 99 Do I need one? (1 Viewer)

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Come on you techies, have a field day, I am about to change my charger unit to a CTEk 2500 or similar, do I require a Elektroblock EBL 99 (Whatever it is, I blame Sundance for this one.)

Thoughts?

Old Mo, this is electric stuff, no Cambelts, carbs, fly wheels, wheels, con-rods, valves etc, so my dear Old Mo, you can go back and dream about your first love...Knitting..l.

PS, as a side issue, if Old Mo went dancing would he be Morris dancing?

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Not sure I fully understand the question but here goes. The Ctek is a stand-alone battery charger, but the Electroblok is more than that and the two are not designed to do exactly the same job. An EBL is a three stage charger and 12V distribution and control system. It is designed to be integrated into the motorhome's wiring. It then charges the leisure and starter batteries and controls matters like 12V fusing, feeds for fridge, step, Truma etc., and has a solar panel input if required. It connects directly to the display and control panel. I'm not sure whether Rapido use the Schaudt EBL system - I think they use another make - but you would not buy an EBL to use as a stand-alone charger.
There is more info on the Schaudt website, but it's only in German.
http://www.schaudt-gmbh.de./

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Come on you techies, have a field day, I am about to change my charger unit to a CTEk 2500 or similar, do I require a Elektroblock EBL 99 (Whatever it is, I blame Sundance for this one.)

Thoughts?

Old Mo, this is electric stuff, no Cambelts, carbs, fly wheels, wheels, con-rods, valves etc, so my dear Old Mo, you can go back and dream about your first love...Knitting..l.

PS, as a side issue, if Old Mo went dancing would he be Morris dancing?

Hi Dave you obviously don't need one ::bigsmile: more a case of wanting one :winky:
or should I say both ?
terry
Have a look Link Removed

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

Thoughts?

PS, as a side issue, if Old Mo went dancing would he be [HI]Morris[/HI] dancing?

Not techie enough for this one ShiftZZ, but surely it would be Maurice Dancing.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Morris.dancing..jpg
    Morris.dancing..jpg
    100 KB · Views: 9

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Nope. :Smile:

JeanLuc says it all Dave.

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back