Refillable gaz bottles in France (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I thought I would put this on the MHF forum for a couple of reasons.

This is a advert from a magazine I receive from my motorhome dealer, who is also part of the large consortium "MASTERS" who cover all of France and sell motorhomes....who have produced this magazine.

It shows two yellow bottles with a link pipe.....very similar to the GASLOW advert ..but of course without the Gaslow name on the bottles.

The way I read it....as it is in French and not that easy to understand as it talks about a special offer of the month at the top of page the gaz gauge, so maybe Frankie could have a look and tell me where I go wrong.

It say's you can buy a kit delivered (not fitted) with one bottle(one would think it is the small one don't forget we are in France) with a adaptor ...so you can fill up your gaz in other European countries and if you have 15 or 25% left in your old bottle you do not have to exchange before go to UK, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, MOROCCO, and so wasting gas that was left in your old bottle.

The way I read it ...if is ok for the French to fill/refill your gas bottle in other countries, SO IT MUST BE OK IN FRANCE..... as it must be safe.

Also many appliances on motorhomes say not to use re-fill able gas..you in- validate your warranty..but here is a major major dealership in France advertising the use of and selling refillable gas bottles.

Also looking at the advert the way I read it as it does not come with a gauge...OR A EXTERIOR FILLING KIT it seems to be the bare essentials...one small bottle one European adaptor...it means you can fill inside your gas cabinet OR take the bottle out to refill!!!! because is says you can leave them permanent in the vehicle ??

Also look at the PRICE for one bottle(I would think a small one) and 1 refillable adaptor to fill,... 699 euros take away price !!!! WHAT !!! come one.....this is a English seller Link Removed

Mel

Attachments

• img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

This is a advert from a magazine I receive from my motorhome dealer, who is also part of the large consortium "MASTERS" who cover all of France and sell motorhomes....who have produced this magazine.

It shows two yellow bottles with a link pipe.....very similar to the GASLOW advert ..but of course without the Gaslow name on the bottles.

The way I read it....as it is in French and not that easy to understand as it talks about a special offer of the month at the top of page the gaz gauge, so maybe Frankie could have a look and tell me where I go wrong.

It say's you can buy a kit delivered (not fitted) with one bottle(one would think it is the small one don't forget we are in France) with a adaptor ...so you can fill up your gaz in other European countries and if you have 15 or 25% left in your old bottle you do not have to exchange before go to UK, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, MOROCCO, and so wasting gas that was left in your old bottle.

The way I read it ...if is ok for the French to fill/refill your gas bottle in other countries, SO IT MUST BE OK IN FRANCE..... as it must be safe.

Also many appliances on motorhomes say not to use re-fill able gas..you in- validate your warranty..but here is a major major dealership in France advertising the use of and selling refillable gas bottles.

Also looking at the advert the way I read it as it does not come with a gauge...OR A EXTERIOR FILLING KIT it seems to be the bare essentials...one small bottle one European adaptor...it means you can fill inside your gas cabinet OR take the bottle out to refill!!!! because is says you can leave them permanent in the vehicle ??

Also look at the PRICE for one bottle(I would think a small one) and 1 refillable adaptor to fill,... 699 euros take away price !!!! WHAT !!! come one.....this is a English seller Link Removed

Mel

Just a follow on to the prices of above photo

1 bottle large

Link Removed

two 2 large bottles and fitting kit

Link Removed

Mel

two large bottles

Link Removed

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just a follow on to the prices of above photo

1 bottle large

Link Removed

two 2 large bottles and fitting kit

Link Removed

Mel

two large bottles

Link Removed

bump:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Mel

NOW since I put the previous thread on about refillable gas in France...I have just received another magazine, this time from DESTINEA....they are an another large company in France with lots of dealerships/agents...just like MASTERS..all over France...and low and behold they are now selling refillable gas bottles!!!!...IN FRANCE.......called....... guess what....GASLOW????...the price is for 1 bottle and fittings... NOT fitted...what is the world coming tooooo, the French are now using generators ....there are more and more genies on the scene, since the generators have come down in price in France......AND NOW REFILLABLE GAS!!!???
These two items used to be TABOO in France..only a few years ago..or was it only when you could not buy,.... or maybe too expensive to buy in France....???:winky:
And why would these two big French Motorhome companies want to sell refillable gas bottles,....if you can not get them refilled in France?????:Doh: so I for one am glad they have decided to sell refillable gas bottles...it may help to put the myth to bed about getting LPG gas refilled

Mel:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
And why would these two big French Motorhome companies want to sell refillable gas bottles,....if you can not get them refilled in France?????:Doh: so I for one am glad they have decided to sell refillable gas bottles...it may help to put the myth to bed about getting LPG gas refilled
Mel:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think the question is not 'can they be refilled' but,'can they be refilled on the forecourt'
Have filling stations removed those signs saying that filling gas bottles on forecourt is not allowed ?
Or,do these companies selling refillable bottles in France advise you to have a filler point
'sur la carosserie'?
Mike.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I think the question is not 'can they be refilled' but,'can they be refilled on the forecourt'
Have filling stations removed those signs saying that filling gas bottles on forecourt is not allowed ?
Or,do these companies selling refillable bottles in France advise you to have a filler point
'sur la carosserie'?
Mike.

Mike... if you look at the first advert....it is just selling you a bottle and a filler connection nothing about exterior filling connection on the body panels....so do you fill your gas inside your compartment......or take the bottle out to fill !!
The second advert does show an Gaslow exterior filler fitting kit.....
Do the attendants think that people are refilling normal propane bottles that are not meant to be refilled by the public.......................not knowing the Alum and Gaslow have inbuilt safety shut off device made for the purpose of refilling??:Doh:

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Do the attendants think that people are refilling normal propane bottles that are not meant to be refilled by the public.......................not knowing the Alum and Gaslow have inbuilt safety shut off device made for the purpose of refilling??:Doh:
Mel

I don't think the attendants know anything !! I think that they have been told that if they see
somebody opening a gas locker and putting a filler hose into it then they should take whatever action the management have prescribed vis a vis the 'filling of bottles on the forecourt'. Usually they are either too busy to notice or can't be bothered to do it.But,the possibility is always there.
That's one reason why I opted for 'Fixed tank'. ::bigsmile:
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back