Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I have a B564 (year 2000 model) with a single electric step and wondered if it is possible to change it for a double step..I find it a bit of a struggle getting out as my knees can be a bit of a problem at times...

Shirl

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It may require the mounting frame altering, but its generally possible to change to a double electric step. In the meantime try using a single portable step along with the original to see if it will help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
It may require the mounting frame altering, but its generally possible to change to a double electric step. In the meantime try using a single portable step along with the original to see if it will help

Thanks..I do have a portable double step which i use to erect the privacy room as I am vertically challenged! ( 4' 10'')..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Will see how I get on

Shirl

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Thanks..I do have a portable double step which i use to erect the privacy room as I am vertically challenged! ( 4' 10'')..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Will see how I get on

Shirl

Hi Shirl Think you should get on better using the portable double step, my wife is disabled and finds this the best method, she is of short stature as well, (we always said she was good for painting skirting boards) it does not matter how high it is from the ground the steps are the same, with maybe an extra step into the van. Even with a single electric single step she was better with a single portable one for first foot. We find the electric one good for car parks etc. We looked into a double step but having tried some on other vans decided against it

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Our B630 has a double step. That maybe because it's on a Sprinter chassis and the floor is quite a long way off the ground. Ours is 2003, but I think is the same series as yours, in which case, at that time, Hymer fitted Omni Steps, made by Omnistor - now part of Thule Group. The links below are to UK suppliers of Omnistor equipment. I think you might find that a double Omni step would fit onto the existing mountings used for your single step. Not a cheap replacement though I'm afraid.

http://www.omnistorawnings.co.uk/department/vehicle_steps/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Thanks Phillip....My sister is getting a 2002 B564 which has a double step, so I may look into it . Not a cheap replacement as you say.....but worth thinking about...I'll put that last on the list of things I want to add...It becomes expensive when you have to pay someone else to do the job...

Shirl

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Shirl
We have only had our Hymer 584 since september last year, we are also looking into buying an oven and double step, as our single electric step is quite high, we got a safari room with ours, but probably wont use it that much but may come in handy

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Is it stepping from the floor to the step or the step to the van thats
the problem, as a double step will only improve the former?

regards
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back