Great Bunch of Funsters at Zahora (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We recently visited Zahora for a few days and met up for the first time with fellow Funsters.
What a terrifically friendly bunch of people who made us feel very welcome and we enjoyed the Valentines disco enormously.
Special thanks must go to John (Jaws) and Ray (RayB182). They did all they could to try and resolve the problem we were having with our Truma Secumotion gas regulator which had succumbed due to oil contamination.
Just to let folks know that we did finally get sorted out in Portugal at a place called Camperserv. They are just off the N125 near Quarteira and have a reasonable ampount of spares. Unfortunately the day we got there they were out of stock of Secumotion regulators. However they did fit a simple GOK regulator which needed a bit of faffing about as it was 8mm instead of 10mm so needed a short length of pipe and an adaptor and the brackets weren’t in quite the right place.
We were well pleased with the service from owner Tommy and his Portuguese apprentice and even better pleased with the bill. €21 for the regulator and €20 for the hour of labour that the job took with all the faffing about.
Interestingly there was a Motorhomefun sticker in the window and business cards on the counter. I asked Tommy if there was a discount for Funsters.
“No!” He said. “Some feller came in here yesterday and started putting stickers on my windows!”
Come on Jim – get your negotiating hat on – we Funsters need our discounts.

Camperserv details:

http://www.camperserv.com/

Long: 8*4'15"W
Lat: 37*6'12"N

Mob +351 916 581 141
[FONT=&quot]Tel +351 289 093 373[/FONT]

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
In the days of cylinder mounted regulators I always used to carry a spare (about a fiver) though never needed it. The £60 price tag of the secumotion regulator makes this idea a little less desirable though.:Sad:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our plans have changed, it will be Monday/Tuesday that we swing by Zahora:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
....Just to let folks know that we did finally get sorted out in Portugal at a place called Camperserv. They are just off the N125 near Quarteira and have a reasonable ampount of spares....

I asked Tommy if there was a discount for Funsters.

“No!” He said. [HI]“Some feller came in here yesterday and started putting stickers on my windows!”[/HI]

Come on Jim – get your negotiating hat on – we Funsters need our discounts.

Camperserv details:

http://www.camperserv.com/

Long: 8*4'15"W
Lat: 37*6'12"N

Mob +351 916 581 141
[FONT=&quot]Tel +351 289 093 373[/FONT]

I strongly suspect that was indeed our Blessed Leader (may he name be praised) himself...

"some feller" "some feller" ???? :Eeek:

Did Tommy not realise he was in the presence of greatness?

I hope the red carpet had been laid...

JJ :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back