LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thought it might be of general interest to summarise how our dealings with the insurance company (Highway/LV) went.

All in all it went very well considering that the two collisions happened less than a week before the start of the Christmas/New Year holidays and that there were two separate claims to record and deal with. We received the cheque for all but £200 (the excess) on 28th January, which was 6 weeks to the day after the first incident and have received a cheque for £200 today, 9 weeks and 1 day since the second collision which (for some reason unknown to us) was the one the company used for the payout. It appears that the 3 week delay is probably down to Churchill (other party's insurer) dragging their feet rather than Highway/LV.

Throughout the process everyone we've spoken to at Highway have been very helpful. Indeed, the guy I spoke to on 25th January, when we agreed the valuation, had the attitude that we had waited quite long enough and, whilst he had to retain the excess at that stage, he would (and did) ensure that the major part was paid within days.

It's pretty obvious that Highway's standard systems/procedures are not geared up to dealing with two incidents (i.e. two separate claims) at the same time but I think that is probably true of all insurance companies. The people we've spoken to certainly recognised that something out of the ordinary needed addressing and did so.

All in all we are pretty satisfied with what could have been much more horrendous and complicated. Well done Highway/LV.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would have thought all insurance companies had experience of complicated claims as when on things like motorways people are running into one another front back and side sometimes 10 or more at a time.
I hope you are pleased with the replacement van at least it happened when the weather was bad not in the summer when you would have really missed it.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I would have thought all insurance companies had experience of complicated claims as when on things like motorways people are running into one another front back and side sometimes 10 or more at a time.
Yes, I thought the same at first. However, when you think about it, it is a single incident which just happens to involve a number of vehicles and would result in only a single claim (from each claimant) detailing each of the vehicles involved. In our case there were two separate incidents so two separate claims with separate records in the system :Smile:

I hope you are pleased with the replacement van at least it happened when the weather was bad not in the summer when you would have really missed it.
Very pleased, thanks. All in all we've come out of it very well :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have visited a number of insurance companies over the years...

Highway is relativly small and uncomplicated.

In the main, they are all paper driven, Co-op in Manchester the offices are/were stacked high with paper files.

NFU is a high tech office, 'invisible' wifi network, nice restaurant, but the structure is wrong, parts of it are run centrally, but in the main the final decision is taken locally and they can overide central policy.

Zurich, a complex system and run by accountants

I am pleased for you Graham...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes, I thought the same at first. However, when you think about it, it is a single incident which just happens to involve a number of vehicles and would result in only a single claim (from each claimant) detailing each of the vehicles involved. In our case there were two separate incidents so two separate claims with separate records in the system :Smile:

Very pleased, thanks. All in all we've come out of it very well :thumb:

Does that mean you are waiting for a second check :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Does that mean you are waiting for a second check :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

It would be nice Terry. We actually received a call about the first incident not having been paid out about 9 or 10 days after we received the main cheque - one of the examples of the system not really coping with our circumstances.

Unfortunately when Jill explained the situation they marked the first incident as closed :cry: Who said honesty is the best policy? :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back