Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
hi guys
i am thinking of changing my coachmen to a winnebago, but not sure if the winnebago has a filling system similar to the coachmen for taking water on board using the on board pump if there is no hose connection.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Well my one has

My Winnebago aspect (see photo etc., in red link below post) can take water on via a hatch in the side that allows a normal house hose to fill the RV domestic tank. It also has a city hook up on the other side if I do not want to use the pump.

Bob:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The vast majority of RVs will have a city water inlet. Its the omission of a regular gravity fill on some that are a problem. Our Georgie Boy had one filly point, turn a knob one way and you were filling the tank, another and you were on city water, using teh water pressure rather than your own pump. This however meant that filling with a watering can was almost impossible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My Winnebago/Itasca has city fill and tank fill with a hozelock snap connector in the service locker, and a gravity fill, suitable for hose or watering can, on the other side straight into the tank.

Craig

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
My Minnie Winnie has a city water/tank fill and also has a gravity fill in the side of the RV. It is also for sale as it happens:winky:

Eddie

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
oportunist

Mine is for sale too.

Craig

Some people are an opportunist Craig:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think you will find most Winnebagos have both types of water fill.. saves all the problems of high pressure etc.,

Even my Champion (Titan) had the same and that was well old.. bit like me in a way:Sad:

Bob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Could I be reading the original post incorrectly. As I read it he can currently use the onboard pump to suck water up from an outside source. Of course I am probably misreading the post, would not be the first time, hee hee.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I agree rodger

Could I be reading the original post incorrectly. As I read it he can currently use the onboard pump to suck water up from an outside source. Of course I am probably misreading the post, would not be the first time, hee hee.

I agree Roger reading it again.. but the tank fill on a Winnebago is fairly high up.. i use a hose or a small submersible pump in a large container of water which you have seen me at shows filling up.. then I up load that to the tank... at Shepton I use the hose.. but the point I think the question was about is the loading of water under pressure of can it be loaded by a standard hose... may be wrong.. but I have a feeling that is where he is going.

Bob

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I like Bob fill using a pump from time to time.

We we go to shows and I know that I will be ensconced in the traders area I simply have four 25L tanks in the rear locker adjacent to the wet locker.

A submersible pump dropped into these four tanks whilst they are still in the locker, the outlet pipe into the gravity feed water filler on the side of the Winnie and the 12 volt plugged into the 12 volt socket in the wet locker and I easily pump 100L of water into the on board tank in the time it takes to have a cup of coffee!

This arrangement means that Mrs Van Bitz can wash her hair and shower to her hearts content, which in turns means that me "Cheifwasherupperandfloorscrubber" minion gets a better life:thumb:

Eddie

OP
OP
P

pkurzok

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
misread

that is correct i can use the on board pump to suck. so i can bring my 8 gal drum to side of my van and suck it to the holding tank with my onboard pump. by sounds of it i can do some thing simaliar but i have to buy a 12v pump and find a 12 volt supply to those who offer the van for sale thanks but they are not what i am looking for .

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
these pumps are very small

that is correct i can use the on board pump to suck. so i can bring my 8 gal drum to side of my van and suck it to the holding tank with my onboard pump. by sounds of it i can do some thing simaliar but i have to buy a 12v pump and find a 12 volt supply to those who offer the van for sale thanks but they are not what i am looking for .

These pumps are very small and have a hose from the end out to the inlet on the motorhome.. mine is about 4' long and there is a double wire live negative which I have a plug on the end which I connect to the 12v system.. the pump is small enough to go threw the neck of a 5 gallon (25 ltr) container...

Bob

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This system on the coachmens is slightly unique, and a pain in the arse till you learn how to dial in all the knobs::bigsmile: Ive not seen it on another Mark of RV
Geo

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I use a submersible pump like Bob, I just plug it in to the 12v socket in the kitchen area by passing the wire through the window. I have an inline bullet switch (same as one some table lamps) so I can turn it on and off without fiddling with the plug. The pump was about a fiver from one of the accessory stands at a show, and I have run the lower part of the hose through a bit of rigid pipe so it sits on the bottom of the water carrier (in my case a 40L aquaroll) as without it the pump tends to float up to the top.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back