Free Member
Mar 3, 2011
Bath
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
Hi Funsters, hope to go morocco end of march, any advice on insurance for our scooter, seems to be a problem for our insurer, is border insurance ok.

bobbysgirlold

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Lower Farringdon
Funster No
MH
Hobby Classic
Exp
Since 2009
Scooter Insurance

Hi Funsters, hope to go morocco end of march, any advice on insurance for our scooter, seems to be a problem for our insurer, is border insurance ok.

We are going to Morocco on 3rd April via Algeciras. Having difficulty in getting insurance for our scooter which is on a rack on the back. Any feedback which might help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
dercher

dercher

Free Member
Mar 3, 2011
Bath
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2010
Not much luck with green card here, seems like best bet is to get cover @
border in morroco,well thats the plan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Dont forget docs for scoots as you will have to import and then export those machines
I had a bit of grief with mine
Geo

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi some m.home inurers add them to your green card for the camper . a good broker will get it sorted for you.
always make sure you get it signed in and make sure you get it signed out . keep all paper work for ever as next time they sometimes try to say yiou left it in maroc and didnt pay the duty. seen it happen a few times . once was a friend the year before took one of my m,bikes .next year tried to harres him . luckily i had the bike in mine so we could prove he had taken it out.
border insurance is ok . but you never know what you get . best sort it here.
chains locks etc are a must . ideally better in a box ,or a garage . little hands do nick things.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
m/bike insurence

:thumb::secret:got border ins few years ago (expensive) last couple years got green card fronm carol nash ins speak to lucy very helpfull . good advice from ww alan . good luck you will have good fun getting off beaten track on your bike . stan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back