Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Just covering the less detailed instructions for you , pictures always tell a better story

Beware of wires! always drill from inside and remove the inner skin & filling before drilling the outer skin.
These will just push aside when installing mast sleeve
hole-beware-M.jpg

position base so holes will miss any wires
position-base-so-screw-holes-M.jpg

drill pilot holes for screws ( the 3 short ones supplied were just a bit too short so I replaced them )
drill-pilot-holes-for-screws-M.jpg

Fit the cover and gaiter using the 3 long screws provided
Fit-dome-gaiter-with-the-3-M.jpg

view inside
Inside-view-M.jpg

Angle adjustment fitting is still used regardless. Mine has a flat roof so fitted to suit
with-angle-adjustment-washer-M.jpg

tighten up the screw collar and drive in the screws
screwed-up-M.jpg

Fit the mast through the roof and fit the locknut inside
stowed-position-flat-face-M.jpg

mast-in-place-and-locknut-M.jpg

sit-back-M.jpg

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I've drilled so many and without anaesthetic :Eeek: :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
a very neat and tidy job:thumb:but i would only let a pro to do mine:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dug

May 28, 2011
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
ducato maxi tdi 24'
Exp
I've drilled so many and without anaesthetic :Eeek: :thumb:

I see you've got the spare(bulb bit)on the solar controller going to the vision plus how does this work at night?i thought it was just spare volts from the sun, and does this mean i can cut off the big 12v adapter that goes from my vision plus to my invertor,and just use the same as yours.ie direct to 12volts via a fuse.?
I was going to try and post a photo,but after seeing the quality of your work mine lookes like a monkey has been let loose with screwdriver!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for a clear and concise How to......Dug:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I see you've got the spare(bulb bit)on the solar controller going to the vision plus how does this work at night?i thought it was just spare volts from the sun, and does this mean i can cut off the big 12v adapter that goes from my vision plus to my invertor,and just use the same as yours.ie direct to 12volts via a fuse.?
I was going to try and post a photo,but after seeing the quality of your work mine lookes like a monkey has been let loose with screwdriver!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks for a clear and concise How to......Dug:thumb:
the 'aux load' terminals are a regulated output from the batteries for accessories Dug.

only a small load can be applied...just 1 or 2amps load

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The load terminals (bulb symbol) will carry the regulator rated current. Mine will carry 20amps
during the day it will take power from solar or solar and battery. At night from battery only.
The regulator(most do) has a voltage cut off to prevent the battery being over discharged, usually a little over 11volts.
Just need to be sure that the wiring between regulator and battery will carry the load.
I always wire direct to battery (4mm minimum) so avoids using existing converter wiring

Last edited:
OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The Status amplifier
mast-in-place-and-locknut-M.jpg

The "Really Useful Box" left in picture houses my auto changeover RELAY rather than humming contactor I used to have.
I'm not often on hook up so not had chance to prove it works OK yet but works fine in N/C position feeding 3 of my 230volt sockets from my 350watt sterling pure sine inverter.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Could a mod move this to TVnSatellite pleez? and delete this post at the coming together :thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
a very neat and tidy job:thumb:but [HI]i would only let a pro to do mine[/HI]:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's a change in tune Chris, two weeks ago you were not going to let the pro's do a job, you talked of setting up on your own, just to save a few quid..........

...........a super job there, nothing does as good a job as a gifted amateur and lets face it we are talking professional or amateur here not expert versus cowboy.

.....not sure that all makes sense what I mean is I'd rather have a gifted amateur than a professional cowboy......ah balls you know what I mean:roflmto:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Techno really useful clear pictures thanks

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
That's a change in tune Chris, two weeks ago you were not going to let the pro's do a job, you talked of setting up on your own, just to save a few quid..........

...........a super job there, nothing does as good a job as a gifted amateur and lets face it we are talking professional or amateur here not expert versus cowboy.

.....not sure that all makes sense what I mean is I'd rather have a gifted amateur than a professional cowboy......ah balls you know what I mean:roflmto:
i was being sarcastic!:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back