Bessacarr Soggy Bottom!! (1 Viewer)

Apr 23, 2008
chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
Swift BESSACAR 597
Exp
We bought our Bessacarr E495 in Dec last Year, when we took it for habitation check it was noticed that the floor at the rear (underneath) was damp both sides, we had it repaired at great expense, that said we recently read in the MMH mag someone had the same problem with there E495 and it was he same year 57 plate, they spoke to Swift who said they were aware of the problem and had the van back, fixed the floor and a couple of other bits for good measure!! hows that for service (as obviously it was out of warranty)
If only we had waited and seen the article!
I am going to contact Swift and have a chat with them, perhaps they can re compensense me in some way seeing as they recognise it as a fault.
Anyone had any thing like this? and does anyone have a contact number for Swift?

Rolling Rolling Rolling Keep Them Doggies Rolling:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
They have had to replace peoples floors This is par for the course with Swift and still people buy them?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
They have had to replace peoples floors This is par for the course with Swift and still people buy them?
i defence of swift, i believe that was a bad batch of floor panels, from their suppliers, on certain models and they were aware of it and remedied any affected models.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
Go here and explain your problem. Swift monitor the site all the time.
Link Removed

I doubt they will compensate you as you are reporting the problem after its been fixed and they are now unable to see the full extent of the damage. Also they would also most likely have fixed the problem in house.

We have now had 2 swifts and they have both been brilliant motorhomes.
Never had any problems and would buy one again.

jhorsf - have you ever owned a swift? I Doubt it.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have owned one.. for less than a week ! So many issues it went straight on to fleabay and we bought the Miller we currently have have ( and loved ::bigsmile: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging

jhorsf - have you ever owned a swift? I Doubt it.

jhorsf may never have owned a Swift but I have, and would never buy another.
We had one that they recalled along with many others at the time, they came and collected from our house in London, to be taken back to their factory.
On completion of the work they contacted us to come and collect, at our expense. They would offer no guarantee on the repair other than the remaining guarantee about 3months. They when asked offered no help with travel to the factory, and as the van had no cushions they had left these at home it could not be used to sleep in.
Fortunately the dealer on hearing the tale asked if we wanted the van or would we rather part exchange it for another, not a Swift I might add, an offer we gladly accepted, they did this without seeing the van, being a large Swift dealer they said they would get Swift to deliver it back to them. The dealer also collected the cushions at his expense.
That is the only Swift I have owned never again.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This was SWIFT's response to another soggy floor

We have investigated the matter of the omni-step pulling away from the floor of the motorhome.

The floor is sourced from a well established composite panel manufacturer in Europe who supplies a large number of Motorhome manufacturers with this design. They are a well known supplier within the caravan and Motorhome industry. Their specification of flooring as supplied and fitted to the Motorhomes consists of vinyl faced plywood on the underside of the composite construction

This material provides excellent moisture resistance to the underside of the floor, however, if any moisture infiltrates the floor structure the vinyl face materials will then prevent trapped moisture from escaping easily. In this instance if not rectified the internal floor materials can deteriorate and result in the damage that people have reported on the forum.

Swift have the expertise and are confident that the floor can be successfully repaired to prevent a re-occurrence of this problem, a blackened WBP ply can be used as a recognized alternative which will allow the materials and the floor structure to breathe.

We have changed our production and changed the flooring from the composite material to ply so that it is breathable.

Regards
Kath

They also said it was caused by the skirts not being sealed to the sides and I believe they instructed all of there retailers/service engineers to seal the skirts as they came in for yearly water ingress inspection or service work
Kath has since retired and I am not sure what happened to Peter (ceo)
terry

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Go here and explain your problem. Swift monitor the site all the time.
Link Removed

I doubt they will compensate you as you are reporting the problem after its been fixed and they are now unable to see the full extent of the damage. Also they would also most likely have fixed the problem in house.

[HI]jhorsf - have you ever owned a swift? I Doubt it.
[/HI]

Swift Talk use to be a place anyone could see all the unhappy owners problems I wonder why they changed it?

the internet is riddled with complaints about the rubbish Swift call quality.
and yes I have owned a Swift from new, it leaked like a bloody sieve like a lot of others do, front back side it leaked faster than it could be fixed.

I hope you continue to enjoy your Swift I really do, but to say they are great because you think yours is "brilliant" is just your opinion it is valid because its yours,but not much use to all the people who have spend their life savings a pile of poo.Why not use your own link to Swift talk and count the different complaints about the "brilliant" Swift, then come back and tell me what you do and do not doubt

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back