John Dough

Free Member
Feb 16, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C.I.
Exp
Anyone got a good contact for C.I. or similar parts tried Autotrail and O'Learys and a few breakers but no luck looking for a step relay says ES 803 on it but no Makers name except AR silicil or something like that on the circuit board which is burnt out ,three wiring plugs go in to it looks quite complicated and not as straightforward as a std. relay. cheers

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Anyone got a good contact for C.I. or similar parts tried Autotrail and O'Learys and a few breakers but no luck looking for a step relay says ES 803 on it but no Makers name except AR silicil or something like that on the circuit board which is burnt out ,three wiring plugs go in to it looks quite complicated and not as straightforward as a std. relay. cheers

Hi when I had a problem with my step I took relay to a motor factors who matched it to a standard stock item they had and it worked only cost a few quid (same one in Halfords £15).
You have not said what what is the problem with the step as with mine it turned out after problem reoccurring that the connections on the back of the switch need to be crimped a bit tighter.

All the best
Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
They are a standard 30 amp relay.. generally available from almost any car shop for a few quid.. often used when folk fit spot lights and other heavy amperage equipment :)

At least, both the ones I have replaced for folk were !

OP
OP
J

John Dough

Free Member
Feb 16, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C.I.
Exp
They are a standard 30 amp relay.. generally available from almost any car shop for a few quid.. often used when folk fit spot lights and other heavy amperage equipment :)

At least, both the ones I have replaced for folk were !

No it is not the standard type relay as it has auto retract plus single rocker switch for in/out and not the standard twoway one as one press it moves out and with the same downward press moves in.3 connecting blocks on it but on standard setups normally only one block connection.
@ Rob Kinnear

the problem I have said is the relay is burnt out but the step was working perfectly before that incident.

Perhaps someone has a wiring diagram for this unit as may be able to adapt it to the standard type step. Cheers

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No it is not the standard type relay as it has auto retract plus single rocker switch for in/out and not the standard twoway one as one press it moves out and with the same downward press moves in.3 connecting blocks on it but on standard setups normally only one block connection.
@ Rob Kinnear

the problem I have said is the relay is burnt out but the step was working perfectly before that incident.

Perhaps someone has a wiring diagram for this unit as may be able to adapt it to the standard type step. Cheers

Might be worth doing a mod to it then.. use a heavy duty waterproof microswitch as used on shutter doors and a standard relay.. stop any future issues ! :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Try Jeff Cox of Derby 01332 781 562 (You'll have to put the uk code and I think drop the zero)

Alister is the Fella to talk to, they've just sorted me a Habitation Door Lock:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back