LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Got back a while ago from our first trip in our new (to us) van and mightily impressed.

The seating area has just that little bit more room all round which makes things easier and, of course, does not have to be disrupted every day because we have the fixed bed. The bed itself is very comfortable and also gives a bit more room over the previous van. Storage is well thought out - and will be even better when our decisions over what to put where are also well thought out :Smile:

Jill reckons that the larger engine makes this van easier to drive. Certainly less gear changing on hills.

I was a bit concerned by the amount of electricity that the blown air heating would use (important when off EHU) but it doesn't seem to use all that much for the fan because of the thermostatic control. As that it all the extra electricity we will use over and above what we used in the Autoquest I think the new solar panel should cope fine.

Perhaps the most surprising thing was the TV. We have a 10" screen Nikkai which was fine in the smaller van but we thought it might be a bit tiny for the new arrangement. So, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it is plenty big enough for the small amount of TV we watch.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Graham, glad to hear that your first trip in the new van went well. Here's to many more. :beer:

Brisey.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if you made a good choice, its always good when you are not disapointed with what you have, enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I hope that you in the passenger seat waved at all those nice people from Asda on the way there and on the way back?

So glad you had a great time.

So what about Dave N? Is it true he eats caterpillars and Special K for breakfast and can bend steel with a simple snarl?Is he Road Runners twin, does he glow in the dark, is he human even? Was he a hitman for Mothercare? Can he climb ladders without using legs or arms, just his teeth?

Well, Sundance, we are all waiting for the review, good or bad,,,,

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I hope that you in the passenger seat waved at all those nice people from Asda on the way there and on the way back?

So glad you had a great time.

So what about Dave N? [HI]Is it true he eats caterpillars and Special K for breakfast and can bend steel with a simple snarl?Is he Road Runners twin, does he glow in the dark, is he human even? Was he a hitman for Mothercare? Can he climb ladders without using legs or arms, just his teeth?[/HI]

Well, Sundance, we are all waiting for the review, good or bad,,,,

I've heard those stories too, but of course on a positive note he doesn't have a debt problem...........

..........his customers throw the money at him and scarper............
:roflmto:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We saw two Asda artics, one on the way there and one on the way back. If it's going to be a habit I think I might use the bow and arrows early instead of saving them for Chester.

So what about Dave N? Is it true he eats caterpillars and Special K for breakfast and can bend steel with a simple snarl?Is he Road Runners twin, does he glow in the dark, is he human even? Was he a hitman for Mothercare? Can he climb ladders without using legs or arms, just his teeth?

Definitely superhuman I'm sure ::bigsmile: Dunno about the menu though, not everyone is as adventurous as you are :roflmto:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
So glad your first trip in the new van went well, and seems to be what you wanted, may it stay that way.

best of luck.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well done Graham for choosing a van that suits you:thumb:, do you miss the overhead storage of the luton:Smile:

Not at all, Tim.

Much of the Luton space was taken up with the folded memory foam mattress topper & bedding which are now permanently on the fixed bed. The rest of what was up there (and more) fits easily into the locker under the bed - and much more accessible through the external door than climbing up to reach on the Luton.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Very pleased for you that all went well and sounds like the new MH is rhe right one for you.

Kath & Howie

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Glad all went well. Sounds as if you have a good piece of kit there.

Bet you wish you'd done it years ago. ::bigsmile:

No doubt we'll get to see it sometime.

John

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
First Trip without EHU

Following on from our actual first trip we had our first in the van without EHU this weekend, with C&CC at Drax.

We were a bit apprehensive about the blown air heating, thinking that it might use a lot of juice, but not a problem at all. First thing in the morning, to warm the van up, the fan was taking a couple of amps but only for about an hour and otherwise it just clicked in now and again and hardly moved the needle on the ammeter.

Solar panel performed superbly putting back all the juice we used even though the sky was overcast at times. Because it is wired through the control box it maintains the trickle charge to the starter battery as well. Not bad for February :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back