Chybax

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
Hi everyone Im sure this has been asked many times before !

We're toying with the idea of Sat nav but not sure weather to go for
TomTom Go 7000 Truck

TomTom Pro 7100 Truck

Snooper S7000 Ventura Pro

Next year will be our 25 th Wed Annv and we are planning to take a long trip into Europe so I think we will need something better than my map reading !!:RollEyes:
If anyone has any of these models or can recommend a good model please share your thoughts on them
Thanks

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I absolutely HATE tomtoms.
First one I had ( expensive ! ) they had released before sorting out all the software.. Told me to wait a year and I would be able to upload to it then ( JJ was kind enough to take that one off me at what I paid for it :thumb: )
Then, having not learned my lesson, I went and bought another, but a different model.. Again, high up the range... It is absolutely pants compared to every Garmin I own ( yep, bit of a GPS geek )
Also own one of the tablet type ( uses the same base software as the Snooper )
That is OK(ish) but again has its draw backs..

My next one will def be one of the high end Garmins.. Back to that which I KNOW will never put me on a toll road if it gets confused or I miss a turn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Dough

Free Member
Feb 16, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C.I.
Exp
Not mad about TTs but have used Mios for years and now they can be unlocked so you can have several sat nav apps on the one unit inc. full PDA functions.

My present one is the V505 a 5" unit with digital tv built in also plus Igo Primo mapping which is updated 3 times a year.

Ok the odd time it goes astray but having been to Europe as far as Poland last year no problems with motorways dualways it only gets confused on minor roads occasionately.

Loaded up all the POIs with campsites and aires/stellplazas etc and it finds them every time !!
Only problem area is the missus always wants the shopping centres too!!

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Best Tom tom

We have a tom tom pro 7100 truck with the camp sites already loaded, used for past 15 months and very pleased with it. Had an old tom tom before which got us into trouble in France, we are 28ft plus sometimes tow a smart. Taking it to Spain in March not with smart.
Company we brought it from were very helpful.
regards

Hi everyone Im sure this has been asked many times before !

We're toying with the idea of Sat nav but not sure weather to go for
TomTom Go 7000 Truck

TomTom Pro 7100 Truck

Snooper S7000 Ventura Pro

Next year will be our 25 th Wed Annv and we are planning to take a long trip into Europe so I think we will need something better than my map reading !!:RollEyes:
If anyone has any of these models or can recommend a good model please share your thoughts on them
Thanks

hermansipad

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
2 years
Hi We have a snooper Ventura which we use for both the MH and the Car.

You can programme in the height weight and width of it so that it does not send you anywhere you shouldnt go.

We call her Dupa (as in Snooper duper) but she does have a tendency to get us to the most vital point in our journey and then throw a wobbler and refuse to talk to us!!!

Milly

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I took over John's (Jaws) Tomtom 1000.

I still feel guilty... he practically gave it to me...

Frankly, it is the best sat nav in the Universe...:thumb:

The Live Google Search feature where you just type in, for example, "Chinese Take Away" and it locates nearby choices and directs you to the door of the one you choose if you so wish is BRILLIANT...

The computer/internet voice (Serena) gives loads of info at each junction re road numbers ect and I also have Homer Simpson voice to give me directions (in normal mode) should I want a bit of light relief on the journey... "Keep your eye out for and ice cream truck... there must be one around here somewhere..."

JJ :Cool:

PS... it has never put me on a toll road unless I have given it the wrong input OR not kept the maps up to date (Portugal has just made non toll roads toll ones and Serena has to be told this new info).

The speed of re-routing should you choose to go a different way to the one the Tomtom chooses for you is very fast...

...and by the way... Kipor gennies are much better for the occasional user than a Honda...

...and the best way to Portugal from Blighty is via Bourdeaux/ San Sebastian/Salamanca...

...and A frames are illegal...

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I've 2 Tomtoms, one has expired the other a high end model is useless and shortly out of warranty started cycling and will not program. A common fault with this model apparently.

I would recommend the Snooper, bought one last week and its brilliant and if your quick Currys sale is on with some good savings to be had

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I've 2 Tomtoms, one has expired the other a high end model is useless and shortly out of warranty started cycling and will not program. A common fault with this model apparently.

I would recommend the Snooper, bought one last week and its brilliant and if your quick Currys sale is on with some good savings to be had

Just for balance... I have had three Tomtoms and the company I work with have eight and none of them have given any trouble in over three years...

JJ :Cool:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003

Hi Stewart, is it now possible to download sets of P.O.I.'s directly to the Snooper, a while ago I was told that it was not possible.

Brisey

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Stewart, is it now possible to download sets of P.O.I.'s directly to the Snooper, a while ago I was told that it was not possible.

Brisey
[/QUOTE]

Yo Brisey, can't help you with that one haven't had time to try downloading POI's

Stewart

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have a Garmin 1490 which I bought when my Mio packed up last Sept on way to Dover.
Liked the Garmin until I loaded some POI's and wondered why it didn't ask me at what distance I wanted the 'alert'. Phoned Garmin who told me that it's not possible to set 'alerts' for POI's..One good thing about the Mio was that it would tell me when I was 1k from either an aire or an lpg outlet.
Mike.

OP
OP
Chybax

Chybax

Free Member
Apr 7, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp

very good price ,I see they have a new 2012 model out so thats why its cheaper

We have a TomTom for car use and always found it fine and our MH came with a Garmin but we dont like !
We need one that we can put our height,width,length so we dont end up in narrow lanes :Blush:
** correction MH came with Blaupunkt !!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Sat Nav

We have the Tomtom 1005 an have downloaded POI for aires etc. Love it, nice and easy to use with good bits like weather and google search and particularly live traffic information. The Tomtom website is not without fault but we can live with that. have used the TT over many miles in Europe and only once got a bad route.

Did try the Garmin but sent that back, found the interface and icons rather childish and no where near as smooth as the TT, didn't like the operating system much either.

For us it's TT every time but can't coment on Snooper or others as no direct knowledge. Try a hands on demo at Halfords.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, i have a snooper ventura 5000 pro.. great piece of kit. it will also take a reversing camera with minimum fuss ( IE FIT THE CAMERA AND CABLE). The campsite data and the input of motorhome data work an absolute treat. I also liked my old NAVMAN but they did not do the campsite and Truck / motorhome software:thumb:.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I really like my tomtom XXL europe.
That and a load of real maps and now Autoroute on the laptop with a GPS dongle.......Dont rely on one thing alone.

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back