Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
:Smile:Hi every one we have just joined and would like some advice on reversing camera's, we have a bessacar e410 motorhome and do not know what camera to buy ! a single or double, model ? any help would be very much appreciated. nicklu ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a case of how much do you want to spend

:Smile:Hi every one we have just joined and would like some advice on reversing camera's, we have a bessacar e410 motorhome and do not know what camera to buy ! a single or double, model ? any help would be very much appreciated. nicklu ::bigsmile:

It is very much a case of how big is your wallet? would not go with a remote control type as the signal can break up.

Are you going to be towing? do you want to be able to leave it on as a rear view mirror? you need to make sure if it is reversed or as it sea's.. i.e will it be like a mirror or reverse the image.

Do not recommend the Pioneer .. very expensive and not very good.. plenty of cheaper and better units about. Took dealer recommendation.. would suggest you do a lot of asking and research to find the ideal item.

Those that tip up and down in my mind my be great, but it is another issue for electronics to keep looking at if it works or not.. get a decent wide angle and make sure it has infered or very low lux so you can use it in the dark.. but to be honest unless in a well lighted area they do not work very well at night.. we use ours with a car trailer and car and the lights of the RV allow us to see the trailer is all OK.. we use it on all the time.

Bob

Upvote 0

janandles

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
Since 2004
Hi we've just joined too but can tell you that we've had both. A single one on our Bessy E560 which was really great, I used to keep my eye on the car that we tow. We have since bought the Bessy E572 which comes with the twin camera. This is marverlous because we can see the traffic and reversing is so much better, or see the car if we're towing. Can't do the two together though. So if you can afford it have the twin. Jan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nicklu

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
reversing camera

It is very much a case of how big is your wallet? would not go with a remote control type as the signal can break up.

Are you going to be towing? do you want to be able to leave it on as a rear view mirror? you need to make sure if it is reversed or as it sea's.. i.e will it be like a mirror or reverse the image.

Do not recommend the Pioneer .. very expensive and not very good.. plenty of cheaper and better units about. Took dealer recommendation.. would suggest you do a lot of asking and research to find the ideal item.

Those that tip up and down in my mind my be great, but it is another issue for electronics to keep looking at if it works or not.. get a decent wide angle and make sure it has infered or very low lux so you can use it in the dark.. but to be honest unless in a well lighted area they do not work very well at night.. we use ours with a car trailer and car and the lights of the RV allow us to see the trailer is all OK.. we use it on all the time.

Bob
thank you bob, dont know whether you will get this or not but hope so nicklu

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nicklu

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
reversing camera

:Smile:
Hi we've just joined too but can tell you that we've had both. A single one on our Bessy E560 which was really great, I used to keep my eye on the car that we tow. We have since bought the Bessy E572 which comes with the twin camera. This is marverlous because we can see the traffic and reversing is so much better, or see the car if we're towing. Can't do the two together though. So if you can afford it have the twin. Jan

thank you so much, i think we are going for the twin one, glad we joined now every one as been so helpful.
much appreciated nicklu

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nicklu

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
what is the best reversing monitor to have ?

can I have some advice on where is the best place for a reversing mirror, dashboard or clip on mirror ?

kind regards nicklu

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nicklu

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
where to put reversing monitor

can I have some help on where the best place to put a reversing monitor, dashboard or clip on? we have decided to buy a twin reversing camera with all the help of joining this motorhome site. so thank you all.

regards nicklu

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I suppose we are all used to the mirror being above the windscreen, however my reversing monitor is on the dashboard, and I don't have a rear view mirror above the windscreen as I don't have a rear window.

You'd soon get used to it wherever you put it. With an A class drop down bed the wiring is a bit more difficult to have it at the top of the windscreen.

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
get it from a reputable dealer such as Dave Newel or Vanbitz on here then if there are problems they will be sorted many have bought from electronics worldwide or their sister company falcon security and found after sales and warranty claims to be quite unsatisfactory.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Have a look at www.vision-uk.co.uk. I have the replacement miiror, hard wired to single camera. Works a treat.:thumb:

I think this is what I've been looking for-I did buy a monitor that clipped over the mirror,but it was sold as a mirror/monitor.ie-if the camera wasn't on,it could be used as a mirror.It turned out to be neither Arthur nor Martha-on sunny days it picked up reflections from inside van and it was very difficult to see what was behind.
Yours looks as if it just a monitor-is this the case ?
Mike.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nicklu

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
reversing monitor

::bigsmile: thank you all, we have decided to put it on the dashboard so we can still have the use of the mirror.

best wshes nicklu

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Remember

::bigsmile: thank you all, we have decided to put it on the dashboard so we can still have the use of the mirror.

best wshes nicklu

When you go for the MOT on your motorhome you must remove it from the dash.. you are not allowed to have anything on the dash at all.

We have our one just down below the dash on the engine housing.. fitted by VanBitz... it is the cable run that is the hard part as you do not want it making a mess of the motorhome. VanBitz did a good job on the wiring of it. But as said not very happy with the Pinoneer unit.. expensive and there are others cheaper out there that do just as good. The pioneer camera is a waste of space. and it is not reversible and has a notice across the screen all the time.. not very good in the dark either.

Bob

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back