Expensive Motorways through Austria (1 Viewer)

Sunty

Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
I am researching the route from Dunkirk to Slovenia for a holiday later this year. The shortest is through Germany to Saltzburg and through Austria using the A10 motorway to Villach. This motorway is about 120 miles long.
As my vehicle is over 3.5tons I require a 'go-card' to fix to the windscreen (€5) and credit on the card. Looking on the Austrian Motorway web-site 'GO-Maut', the general toll cost for my vehicle is €0.18 per kilometer. However, on this motorway there is a 47 kilometer tunnel from Flachau to Rennweg costing €16.42 per kilometer + 20% VAT. This makes the total return journey cost of around €1900 Have you ever heard of anything so outrageous ! Obviously I am planning an alternative route via B Class roads which are not tolled. Anyone been along this route to Slovenia? I am wondering if it OK for motorhomes. I've already sent an e-mail to the Austrian transport minister - just to give my opinion!:winky:
Thanks, Arthur.

Deleted User
Hi Sunti
We have also been looking at driving through Austria to Italy this May. I was looking at the same website and I must admit I could,nt believe the tolls that were quoted ( travel at night and its about 4x price) Switzerland does,nt appear to be any better. We have decided to travel through France and into Italy that way, I think you could probaly get into Slovenia that way as well.

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sunty

Sunty

Free Member
Dec 10, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Swift Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2002
I'm Sure that's €16.42 for the tunnel not each km of it:Smile:

I thought that at first but the toll rate chart I printed from the website does stress costs per Km + VAT @ 20%. Although, quite at odds with that guide, the Toll Calculator Light, which you can fill in on the site gives a toal cost of €28.36. This certainly conflicts with the official toll rates chart for the 6 primary tunnels in Austria. (Web site http:www.go-maut.at/web/10141/12)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Thats how I read it on the go-maut web site. It clearly states per Km +vat @ 20%. I think I might give them a ring

spongy

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi The route I used last year was Dunkerque to Stenay aire, Saverne Aire, around Munich along the E45 & 171 to Itter camp in Austria then the road numbers I have, although they do vary between maps, 87, 11, 109, 301 & 634 to Bled.

I did use Motorways in Germany but no toll roads at all.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back