Motorhome owners cannot enjoy facility (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Broken Link Removed

HOW wonderful that the area of coast between Chapel and Sandilands is to benefit from a £600,000 development (Bird Observatory, Target February 1).

How discriminatory that owners of motorhomes will not be able to enjoy visiting due to the installation of height barriers preventing access to parking areas. Have they any idea of the popularity of motorhoming? What are the council afraid of? Is it travellers?

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds like the Ham Wall wetlands site on the Somerset Levels - I asked about where I could park due to the height barrier and was told I could park just outside.

So I did...
SDIM2177_2.jpg

...which blocked the view of anyone looking left as they left the carpark and must have made me popular :Sad:

Not exactly a huge amount of space either...would have struggled with a big motorhome, although the road was pretty quiet.

Not sure what the solution is though...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
from the looks of that neil i would say that as your little RV is no bigger than the vehicles many disabled people use as daily vehicles are they not discriminating against disabled which i believe is illegal.
where is the disabled access to the facility?
i know of many disabled people and carers that have devon converted day vans based on fiat ducato's and renault master vans so how do they propose these people enjoy the facility?

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
from the looks of that neil i would say that as your little RV is no bigger than the vehicles many disabled people use as daily vehicles are they not discriminating against disabled which i believe is illegal.
where is the disabled access to the facility?
i know of many disabled people and carers that have devon converted day vans based on fiat ducato's and renault master vans so how do they propose these people enjoy the facility?

There's a small disabled parking area closer to the observation hides with RADAR key access. The main car park is about a 10 minute walk away.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
What are the council afraid of? Is it travellers?

Probably.
Can you blame them?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I've posted a comment on the press article. The local council, along with many others in the UK, just don't get it do they.

I suppose some local residents have said they don't like motorhomes visiting the beaches, so the council feel bound to respond. Short-sighted or what.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
what i also find quite amusing about this is that lincolnshire and nottinghamshire have quite a large number of motorhome dealerships.
it don't make sense at all but then again when do councils and government departments ever make sense:Doh:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i live not to far from this area and on some weekends one of the car parks has had upto 20 motorhomes staying the weekend , there are 2 paticular MH who stop on one of the car park 24/7 and one has been running a part time car repair facility on the car park , i have been in my car and witnessed MH's parking across the parking bay's taking up 5 bays with waste water running out on to the sand, its nothing to do with birds its been coming a while with the hight barriers

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
i live not to far from this area and on some weekends one of the car parks has had upto 20 motorhomes staying the weekend , there are 2 paticular MH who stop on one of the car park 24/7 and one has been running a part time car repair facility on the car park , i have been in my car and witnessed MH's parking across the parking bay's taking up 5 bays with waste water running out on to the sand, its nothing to do with birds its been coming a while with the hight barriers

What a shame .
Selfish few spoiling it for everyone as usual .
Why dont car parks just charge a 24 hour ticket . Regardless if your disabled or not .
Fining/clamping those that dont have one.

You know what some are like , if they have to pay they wont stay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back