Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone know of a rear lounge winterised foreign MH not A class but with an overbed cab as we need the storage, we dont like the front dinette layout with nowhere to lounge as we are fulltimers.
We have a swift voyager now and want a more robust winterised vehicle next time.
We would like a garage but know we cant have it with a rear lounge.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
But this S820, whilst an A-Class, does not have a front drop-down bed. Instead it has storage lockers so is, in effect, a very large 2-berth with a garage. Nice van - great quality, properly winterised.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
we both need somewhere to lounge in the day, preferably with 2 sofa's that convert to 2 singles, not a bed where one has to climb over the other.
And we need the storage provided by the overbed cab area.
One reason we don't want the A class, not enough storage and the added problem of it needing to be under 3.5t.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
mirage6000u

what a lovely van really like that one pity you wernt nearer to us might have been interested:Smile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have a Hymer B634 - I know its an A class but ours has 5 cupboards up front instead of the drop down bed. We use the lounge as 2 singles and, whilst its not a garage it has enough room for our 2 folding bikes, table and chairs toolbox etc. It also has belly lockers where we keep the levelling ramps, hookup cables and 2 leisure batteries. It works well for us.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have a Hymer B634 - I know its an A class but ours has 5 cupboards up front instead of the drop down bed. We use the lounge as 2 singles and, whilst its not a garage it has enough room for our 2 folding bikes, table and chairs toolbox etc. It also has belly lockers where we keep the levelling ramps, hookup cables and 2 leisure batteries. It works well for us.

This looks just like the one we want, thanks I have made a few enquiries and all the Hymesr B634 I have seen have a pull down bed at the front, how did you get front cupboard space with yours or was it a retro fit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Link Removed

Very well winterized. We have the same van but without the rear lounge. All the wastes are routed near the heating ducts and even the rear of the toilet has a heating duct. We went for an older Frankia rather than a newer van because of build quality and no juddering gearbox.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
better info here :thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
This looks just like the one we want, thanks I have made a few enquiries and all the Hymesr B634 I have seen have a pull down bed at the front, how did you get front cupboard space with yours or was it a retro fit?

We stumbled across it at a dealers while looking at what we thought was our perfect Motorhome. I believe it was supplied from the factory like this but cant be sure as we are the second owners.
Also, just noticed your post re 3.5 tonnes - ours is plated 3.9 tonnes

hermansipad

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
2 years
Yes we have a lovely one but you cant have it!

Its a Eura Mobile Terrestra 580HB(I think). Has rear lounge, overcab very large bed, loads of storage cos it has a double floor.

Oops just noticed major flaw - rear lounge converts to a double bed and not two singles - cant you just cross your legs overnight like I do?

But seriously our Eura has so much space underneath that we dont need the overcab bed for storage and so we use it - then bed is always made up and we can climb straight into it on return from the pub!!!!

Last edited:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Belly Lockers

I am quite a bit overweight and my belly is always full - no room for lockers though. Seriously what are they?

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
I am quite a bit overweight and my belly is always full - no room for lockers though. Seriously what are they?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Its what I call the storage which goes across the Motorhome underneath the floor and is situated between the front and rear wheels.

If you look on You Tube at "Bundedsvan offers Hymer B634" its about 1min 25secs in and the other side is 2mins 38secs!:Smile:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I'm thinkin beer run

Thanks for that.
My van was born too early to have one of those but I live in hope of such things when I upgrade ::bigsmile:------- in about five years maybe:cry:.

Oct 25, 2008
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Frankia FF2
Exp
since 1999
Rear lounge Frankia

We're in the process of importing a new Frankia FF2 from Germany. We should collect it next week. Saw it at Dusseldorf last August. Seems to be ideal; under 6.5 metres, under 3.5 tonnes, full double floor, good sized bathroom (although some compromise with a slide up sink) and lovely rear lounge with panaoramic window views. All GRP and 150 litre freshwater. We'll see how it all goes!

:thumb:
don't adjust your mind; the fault is in reality.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Are there any UK Frankia dealers? we saw one at Hondschoote last year with a slide-out and it looked very interesting ......

Oct 25, 2008
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Frankia FF2
Exp
since 1999
Frankia dealer

Cranhams say they are Frankia deales (or advertise the fact) but when we visited them last August they showed no interest. So, we went on to the Dusseldorf Show and viewed the FF2. We finallly ordered one from a dealer in Gutersloh ( http://www.mpg-mobilpartner.de/ ) who is very well recommended, and I must say has been very helpful so far.

We will have to see how it all goes; we should collect next Thursday.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We're in the process of importing a new Frankia FF2 from Germany. We should collect it next week. Saw it at Dusseldorf last August. Seems to be ideal; under 6.5 metres, under 3.5 tonnes, full double floor, good sized bathroom

Is is a lot of faff (and cost) importing from Gemany and would the insurance then be a lot more than a non imported van?
Also do they take part ex?
I see they do used vehicles as well?

Oct 25, 2008
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Frankia FF2
Exp
since 1999
Yes a bit of work! Currency exchange, registration etc etc but worth it so far as we've saved a LOT.

Insurance is no more for us as we're getting a right hand drive conversion made.

:RollEyes:

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
coldstreamer

In 2002 contacted Deepcar Motors with a shopping list, very similar, they brought a Hymer Swing in from Germany, on a 2.8, under 18', with all the extra's (including extended warranty) possible. Saved ÂŁ8000 on UK prices.
Took it straight to Peter Hambilton, had the dinenet removed, R+R Bed installed, result 2 six foot beds, Queen size overcab. All mod cons and cheap to run.
Rotated cab seats allow's 8 people to sit in comfort, with a swan neck swing out table, for eating and drinking. CHANGE? No, looked at hundreds over the years, have come to the conclusion, the rule is Motorhomes are made for people not vice versa. You must think outside the box for how and what suits.
As regards size, a vereran Camper once told me, if the local Bread Van can get there, so can I.
Best Regards, Mac

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back