LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all I have noticed a couple of adds like this lately---Alot too cheap in my mind sodeffo a con BEWARE:Eeek:
Link Removed
terry

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
You must police ebay a lot Terry.

Sadly some will without better knowledge be caught from time to time..........

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would say its genuine...none of the usual tell-tales point to a scam page...URL is correct and the sellers profile and feedback is correct....join date 7 Feb 2012

does sound extremely cheap though...wonder if it has a major problem which is being covered up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You must police ebay a lot Terry.

Sadly some will without better knowledge be caught from time to time..........

Just try to see newly listed vans every day John-some stand out at bargain/too good to be true prices :winky:
I have just been offered a (local) Lunar Roadstar 630 rear lounge at a very good price :thumb:yr 2000 for under 12k- found out He needs money for his mortgage - so I may bid him @ 10k ::bigsmile:see generous to a fault :ROFLMAO:
terry

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I have used E bay a lot but have never noticed that this is a "Wish list" not a "buy it now" or bid on it.
I reckon if you clicked "wish list" then you ll have some company sending you copious amounts of emails which you can file under junk.
Personally I wouldnt click it just to find out

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It screams Scam to me.. or a stolen / ringed van

seller has no feedback ..
Positive feedback: 0%|Feedback score: 0

if it looks too good to be true........... beware

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I agree with Jim, but there are checks you can do hpi etc and don't pay any cash out till you are sitting in it with the keys in your hand, I tried to buy a corvette a couple of years ago, I couldn't go and see it he wanted to meet me some where I declined and walked away, a bargain is only a bargain if when you part with your money you have legal title to it, otherwise it is a very expensive lesson, beware.

All the best Rick

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I would say its genuine...none of the usual tell-tales point to a scam page...URL is correct and the sellers profile and feedback is correct....join date 7 Feb 2012

does sound extremely cheap though...wonder if it has a major problem which is being covered up.

Got to be a scam John the cheapest 2007 transporter van without raising roof I can find is close to 7 k Never mind a camper conversion :Eeek:
terry

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I have used E bay a lot but have never noticed that this is a "Wish list" not a "buy it now" or bid on it.
I reckon if you clicked "wish list" then you ll have some company sending you copious amounts of emails which you can file under junk.
Personally I wouldnt click it just to find out

Wish Lists are a new ebay feature..so nothing to do with the seller.

No bin price or bid because this is a classified ad.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i reckon the seller is genuine even if the van isnt !

as Jim said, it could be a ringer or stolen.

just sent the seller a message asking....

"would you accept cash payment AT THE VEHICLES REGISTERED ADDRESS. not in a carpark or layby"

we'll see what the response is :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Click on Ask a Question, click on Other and it asks for name & phone number--Ebay never asks this.

Also location given as Uk, UK, usually a sign of a scam.

yes they do..thats the name and number you registered when you first joining ebay.
it is not forwarded to the seller.
no personal details are forwarded until you win an item.

Detectorist

Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Ex Caravaner
Been looking a lot at motorhomes over last few weeks and the scam that is hard to spot is where you click on item for sale and within a split second the page flashes item number changes still all looks good but it a private listing so you sign in to register to bid WHO'S NOW GOT YOUR DETAILS reported one to Ebay other week took them 2 days to remove always on a cheap looking motorhome Morale is if it looks a bargain be careful

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
this is what i like about this site people who are on the ball and ready to make comment on issues in a non judgemental way and to alert others of possible mis info/frauds.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
is this a scam

just tried to look it up its been removed.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Been looking a lot at motorhomes over last few weeks and the scam that is hard to spot is where you click on item for sale and within a split second the page flashes item number changes still all looks good but it a private listing so you sign in to register to bid WHO'S NOW GOT YOUR DETAILS reported one to Ebay other week took them 2 days to remove always on a cheap looking motorhome Morale is if it looks a bargain be careful
this time the item number remained the same, as did the item ID number in the URL, along with all the other details.

as i said, they are getting harder to spot. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back