Free Member
Feb 11, 2012
chippenham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Good evening - just joined the forum. Been motorhoming just over a year. We have moved and need to put the motorhome in storage whilst not in use. Going into a proper compound, but am worried about battery - what to do if it goes flat. Should I invest in a solar panel or just remove the battery and keep it on trickle charge at home? Van is a Rapido 924F on a Fiat Ducato chassis and the job of removing the battery does not look easy!! Also, what happens to the alarm when I reconnect? It is a Sigma infra red alarm system.

Thanks for any replies received.

Bazzer

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I haven't the foggiestbazzer. Our's, on the driveway,was flat the other day but we just bump-started it from the car. Welcome anyway . :welcomefunster::flyingwelcome: ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If its in the open, buy a dashboard solar battery panel charger.

Peter

But don't forget it will only work as planned if your lighter socket is live with the ignition off, and needs to face southish. My own experience with one of these is that it produced too little to do what it was supposed to do. In fact I have one I don't use but as they're pretty cheap anyway not really worth the postage to flog it.
Solar panels on the roof are the best solution, however they don't work with snow on them :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back