Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK, it can be said I have become an APPLE nut..it all started when I played with an IPAD at the APPLE store - bought one back last November 2010 ... then when the blackberry gave up the ghost I decided I wanted an IPHON4 .. could not get one on contract as Vodaphone was still on a long waiting list.. in the end I purchased on out right from Apple. (I get the same contract I had on my Blackberry now for £10.60 a month that was costing me £44 a month) ...

Then I got the hots for an Macbook pro.. mega bucks and finally just before christmas I bought myself the 15" version.. fantastic machine.. the Dell's I have 3 of them are no not in use. But then I decided from the experience of having to reinstall on a replaced IPAD (damaged by putting the bed down on it .. Sue's fault:Sad:..) But the reinstall took 5 hours.

So I have once again dug deep in my pocket and purchased a Western Digital 2 tr back up disc... I hope I do not have to do a reverse back up and there are currently over 40,000 files on the Apple MacBook .. took long enough to back them up yesterday when I installed the unit.

Wil it ever end I ask.. every time I go in tot he Apple Store I see all these nice goodies. I am very happy with the IPAD and have no intention yet or upgrading to the IPAD2.. the original works fine for me.

Bob

carry on then

Free Member
Oct 25, 2011
.EU
Funster No
MH
camper sort of thingy
Exp
about 5 minutes
Dont worry , ipad 3 is allegedly out soon , so they'll get another £500 quid off you , oh, and iphone 5 is rumoured to be out in the summer , hehe yet another £500 :ROFLMAO:

Your best bet is to get banned from Apple stores and that 'should' save you quite a bit of money:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
simple solution Bob.....be extremely insulting and aggressive to the store staff, they will then ban you from the store saving you a fortune :thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I will say........

I will say that there telephone support is second to none.. I had an issue today with syncing from the IPAD to the MACBOOKPRO.... a quick call on the 0800 number and I was sorted out.. While I have purchased extended warranties for ted support on the IPAD and phone, I did not on the MACBOOKPRO as that was over £300 and many of the issues like the sync problem today is covered on the IPAD extended warranty... yes support is only given for 90 days.. if you buy one off slots that is £35 a time for the laptop..

Simple issues ... kept getting a message that Tulsa Telephone book would not load... it was the title of a Tom T Hall song on an album I purchased a while back.. was only part downloaded .. the chap had not heard of the issue before, but reached the system and come up with the song title.. and yes he was right.. I deleted it and re loaded from the free backup from the ITUNE store.. now all working OK.

But true the items are expensive that Apple sell.. but they do not crash like the windows based PC's

The Western Digital is doing what it says on the tin now.. backing up every hour and over writing the disc when it is full.. For a change it was £20 cheaper than on the label at check out and they questioned it.. but agreed it was what the checkout computer at the store had it listed at not the ticket within the wrapping.

Bob:thumb: p.s yes I am a NUT..

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i love my simple macbook and as said it has never crashed and i believe that to actually get a mac to crash you have to be doing something really processor heavy.

a friend has a professional audio recording system running on a mac and has managed to crash it although he was running 3 x 48 channel 96Khz live recordings simultaneously off 16 hard drives in 2 x 8 way caddies just to see if it would keep up with the audio feeds.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Always used a PC then my wife treated herself to an iMac. I couldn't deal with that so had to get an iPad 2. The 3 of us now have iphone4Ss and have just bought Apple TV. Brilliant. Don't know how to turn my Windows PC anymore.!

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I first had dealings with Apple PCs back in 93 when I landed a job as an Apple Trainer. I now use a MacBook Pro, iPad and an iPhone. I do however, run Parrallels Desktop on it so I can run a couple of apps that are not available for the Mac - Greenscreen Wizard and Serif WebPlus. I would never go back to a PC, could not handle the Blue Screen of Death anymore!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back