LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Had a ride up to check the LPG station at "Alicante".. just to make sure it was still open and in the same place.. It was...:thumb:

Thought we would have a ride while this way and have a nose round the new "Marjal"...

It`s "BIG"... superbly laid out...

Observations =

A beautiful and well thought out site..
Transport would be recommended... (a little remote)
Staff very helpful & Polite...
Shower blocks superb (AND HOT), Disabled facility`s superb and well thought out..
Recommend a ground sheet for your plot (Ground base material those gritty little stones that get every where)
Although a motorway runs near by,,, we didn`t notice any road noise that would be annoying...
Bar/Cafe/Restaurant prices seemed quite reasonable for a captive audience... and "Tappa`s" portions were not scrimpt on..

Summing up it was a nice site, and once the foilage and tree`s were well established it will be a great site near to mountains and not to far from a beach, as long as you have transport..

Plots were large...

Only downfall is the privacy from your next door neighbour.. but as said Rome was not built in a day.. and the plants will grow quickly..

:thumb:

I think my one citisism would be that it`s a pity the shops/bars/cafe`s etc had not been built more central to the site... those camping at the furtherest end will have a bit of a treck to get too these facility`s..

Toilet/shower blocks are a plenty all over..

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Did you check out the Coviran there ! How did it compare to the one at Zahora ? :Cool:

Going to show my ignorance now.... :Doh:

According to google "Coviran" can have a few meanings...

What is yours Steve.. ?

I know I`m fick.. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Had a ride up to check the LPG station at "Alicante".. just to make sure it was still open and in the same place.. It was...:thumb:

Thought we would have a ride while this way and have a nose round the new "Marjal"...

It`s "BIG"... superbly laid out...

Observations =

A beautiful and well thought out site..
Transport would be recommended... (a little remote)
Staff very helpful & Polite...
Shower blocks superb (AND HOT), Disabled facility`s superb and well thought out..
Recommend a ground sheet for your plot (Ground base material those gritty little stones that get every where)
Although a motorway runs near by,,, we didn`t notice any road noise that would be annoying...
Bar/Cafe/Restaurant prices seemed quite reasonable for a captive audience... and "Tappa`s" portions were not scrimpt on..

Summing up it was a nice site, and once the foilage and tree`s were well established it will be a great site near to mountains and not to far from a beach, as long as you have transport..

Plots were large...

Only downfall is the privacy from your next door neighbour.. but as said Rome was not built in a day.. and the plants will grow quickly..

:thumb:

I think my one citisism would be that it`s a pity the shops/bars/cafe`s etc had not been built more central to the site... those camping at the furtherest end will have a bit of a treck to get too these facility`s..

Toilet/shower blocks are a plenty all over..

Excellent observations of Marjal, we are looking forward to setting off and meeting all the funsters.

One quick question about the LPG, do you need a different filler adapter for Spain. I read somewhere that if you have the French adaptor, the service station will sometimes let you borrow an adaptor to fill the bottles?

Ginny

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
possibly the name of the supermarket chain that runs the shop on the campsite Mo

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Excellent observations of Marjal, we are looking forward to setting off and meeting all the funsters.

One quick question about the LPG, do you need a different filler adapter for Spain. I read somewhere that if you have the French adaptor, the service station will sometimes let you borrow an adaptor to fill the bottles?

Ginny

My LPG is for huge road tanks and a smaller fixed habitation tank (For Cooking/Heater etc)... (Yank RV)

One of the pumps at the LPG (only) station is fitted with the new "Euro" type adaptor and one of the older type/UK ones... ie "Bayonet Connection"..

But the attendant who has been there for years is very helpful and does have a few "Adaptors" for customer use...

I`m not sure what type you need !!!!!

The LPG Station is approx 22 miles from the New Marjal site.. and has easy access..

Please remember they are "CLOSED" on Sunday`s..

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
possibly the name of the supermarket chain that runs the shop on the campsite Mo

Hi Maggie....

I would think it`s run by Marjal or a small independant...

And not by one of the big consortiums ie Mercadona.Careffore. etc.

The Marjal photo`s make it look very big... which is not the case... although it is getting fairly well stocked up with most day to day needs.. :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Going to show my ignorance now.... :Doh:

According to google "Coviran" can have a few meanings...

What is yours Steve.. ?

I know I`m fick.. :Sad:

Its the name of the supermarket chain in Espanya..Like Aldi, but not so well stocked ! The one by the restaurant at Zahora was a Coviran shop !!:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Its the name of the supermarket chain in Espanya..Like Aldi, but not so well stocked ! The one by the restaurant at Zahora was a Coviran shop !!:thumb::thumb:

AH!!!!! I get you now.... :thumb:

It may be one of the smaller ones..... but I think it would have been well stocked if it had of been..

That`s what makes me think an independant...

I could be wrong...... usually am.. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

No doubt Judy will be doing her usual daily run to a "Hipermarket"... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

She has to have her daily fix of shopping... otherwise she get`s withdrawel symptoms.. :cry:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Coviran is part of a franchised chain of small/medium size mini-markets along the lines of Spar/Mace in the UK. The prices charged by them on our recent visit, to Marjal, compare very favourably with off site shops, except for beer, wines etc.
A criticism/comment was made in an earlier reply to this thread regarding the location of shops bars etc being some distance from far plots..... it should be understood that there is security at the site beyond which there are no shops etc., and bear in mind that ALL of the facilities before the barrier ie The Plaza are open to all and sundry and are used by the locals...hence the location before the security barrier.

More info here ....

Broken Link Removed

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back